What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota Cup

GotheTITANS

Juniors
www.parraeels.com.au

EELS STILL UNDEFEATED IN TOYOTA CUP FOLLOWING WIN OVER TITANS
Friday 11 April 2008

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Parramatta remains undefeated and on top of the Toyota Cup ladder after scoring a 30-14 defeat of the Gold Coast in their round five encounter at Parramatta Stadium.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Eels were dealt two lucky breaks inside the first five minutes and found themselves suddenly leading 10 points to nil.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Their first try came about after the kick off ricocheted off the head of a Titans player, resulting in a scrum feed to the Eels.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One set later the home side scored wide out through winger Ben McLennan. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Back in Titans territory soon after a Kris Keating grubber took a wicked bounce off the goal post pad and into the waiting arms of prop Tim Robinson, who then touched down.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tony Williams’ conversion made it 10-nil to the Eels.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Titans hit back through a try to Siosaia Vave however two Keating tries in close succession made it 22-6 to the Eels at half time.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A try to back rower David Baumann stretched the Eels lead even further after the break, seeing them lead by 24 points by the midpoint of the half.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two unconverted tries to winger Esi Tonga completed the scoring for the Titans while Williams added a penalty goal to see take the final score along to 20-14 in favour of the Eels.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Eels remain in the competition lead on nine points, and remain the only undefeated team in the Toyota Cup after five rounds.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TOYOTA CUP[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PARRAMATTA EELS 30[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tries: Kris Keating 2, Ben McLennan, Tim Robinson, David Baumann[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Goals: Tony Williams 5/6[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GOLD COAST 14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tries: Esi Tonga 2, Siosaia Vave[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Goals: Sam Stewart 1/3[/FONT]

Kornstar

Coach
KK was impressive yesterday i thought, for the first time this year he outshone Mortimer

Kornstar

Coach
But is he ready for first grade?????

I don't think he is, i am just happy for the kid that he finally did better than his halves partner, for his sake, not because i have anything against Mortimer who i think is a handy little player and does very well......

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ok mate, the couple of games i've seen him play he just tried to hard IMO. Hopefully he continues to improve because we need an injection from somewhere.

100yearsRL

Juniors
KK has been playing frustrated because last year he played with men and then all of a sudden he is playing with boys again. Oh please he will do a better job than Tim Smith thats for sure. If we give him the chance soon then at the end of 2009 he will be ready to play against the eels. At least he would make sure his old cabra team mate would see some ball, please give it to Jarryd.

Suitman

Post Whore
If Ben Smith's not ready next week, I'd love to see Tony Williams get a crack at centre

Yeh, I saw him last night as well and was thinking the same thing. His inside flick that set up Keatings first try, after a barnstorming run was all class, but what worries me is his defence.
He looked quite incapable at times.

Suity

Latest posts