What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota Park Upgrade

Cheers folks.

It seems to me that just like with the OKI Jubilee redevelopments over 05/06, reliable information on the upgrade is hard to come by. I fail to understand why a club wouldn't want to make known the improvements they are making to spectator and player facilities.

Anyway, thanks again.

Card Shark

Immortal
If they have 10 mill, surely that is enough to build a decent stand at the southern end. 1000 seat stand is F*ck all.

McLovin

Staff member
I recon it's gonna be another concourse like stand (I'm guessing the current one sits about 1000), just on the other side...

newman

First Grade
They are looking like they are about to start some work down there.. Plenty of tradesmen types milling around.

Surely

Post Whore
I think the plan is to keep the 10mil in the bank as long as possible, interest on it is paying the bills.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Surely said:
I think the plan is to keep the 10mil in the bank as long as possible, interest on it is paying the bills.

Yes at a rate of around $65,000.00 a month I believe.

jc155776

Coach
Smart move. Although I think they need to get the training facilities built ASAP.

The new stadium can start being built once we start winning and filling the one we have now...

The Popper

Bench
No matter what they build they're gonna have to get bums on seats.....and winning football games is the only way we're gonna do that. Otherwise it could look like a small scale Telstra game.

spider

Coach
No money has exchanged - so unfortunately no creative fiscal gain can be obtained - shame really.

If so, would have to be one hell of a short term rate at $10m.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Not worth doing unless it is done properly. We don't need to build another second rate stand like the one prior to the ET stand that was pulled down after about 10 years. The newer Northern end stand at WIN Stadium should be used as planning example. It wraps around, is two tier, is steep and has bar and corporate facilities and they bought it second hand.

sharksforever63

Juniors
Southern Shark said:
Not worth doing unless it is done properly. We don't need to build another second rate stand like the one prior to the ET stand that was pulled down after about 10 years. The newer Northern end stand at WIN Stadium should be used as planning example. It wraps around, is two tier, is steep and has bar and corporate facilities and they bought it second hand.

Sat in the Northern Sand at WIN, when Sharks played at Wollongong last, was good, sheltered from the rain, toilets, bar, eating outlets out the back.

jc155776

Coach
They need to have a look at Dairy Farmers for an example of a good suburbia ground. That place has a heap of bars, a bunch of food places, plenty of room underneath the stands for all that and no toilet lines.

Surely

Post Whore
SpiderShark said:
No money has exchanged - so unfortunately no creative fiscal gain can be obtained - shame really.

If so, would have to be one hell of a short term rate at $10m.

Oh i was under the impression they are already generating income from it.

SpiderShark said:

I'm glad. I don't know if that arrangement would be legal or not (I suspect not) but it would certainly be scandalous. The money is for the redevelopment of Toyota Park, not for the day-to-day finances of the Cronulla RLFC.

Bundy

Juniors
I think you'll find the bill will go to the governement department that authorised it. Sharks will never 'see' the money.

Latest posts