What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Train whistle blowin

Henson

Juniors
yeah sydney draught came in440ml cans and was 6.9 alc,blew me away as a young pup,and it was a low drop,what about country special?

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Flag ale thats an oldie, I'm sure they recycled the old cans in 1988 for those horrid NSW bicentennial numberplates! Country special now wasn't that about 1982? a short lived but fondly remembered drop! Resches D.A. looks like it has made a comeback and is available in metro bottleshops I believe. Remember Tooheys 2.2? what about when Swan Lager was everywhere 83/84 and when Powers rode into town! been some horrid drops about especially that piss in a tin called West End!

VB RULES!;-)

Henson

Juniors
Yeah NBB,swan was bad but west end was a truely low drop should be servedWARM!!
My dad used to buy powers so my brothers and me would leave it alone,can you still get it?hope not

Henson

Juniors
And Jeff Fenech on the LA Ads,telling us he loves youse all,yeah keep him on the la and away from fruit shop owners!!

greg

Juniors
Actually I remember the jets previous benefactor Singo actually doing the West End ads on TV. What were you thinking Singo? I actually liked Country Special, another good one went by the wayside.

Jeffles

Bench
There used to be a bottle shop on Parramatta Rd just up from the old Stanmore cinema. It is now a furniture store "The Chair Clinic". The back of the store where the old carpark was still has a big aluminium sign that is a Tooheys 2.2 can.

Vintage Cellars at Stanmore sells DA. I've seen Newtown Ear go into the place to buy some.

Country Special was brewed(I think) in regional NSW towns such as Grafton and Mudgee, and gained the knickname "Mudgee Mud".

Is anyone able to remember when KB came in double size tinnies (24 fluid ounces)? Imagine if we went totally retro at Henson Park and sold those monsters?

greg

Juniors
The KB kegs were good for cutting your fingers on trying to take off the big top in one swift motion.