What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Translation please

Jane Robinson

Juniors
I've asked in the relevent thread but get ignored. What do you Aussies mean when you say that Mason is owned? Owned by who or what?

lucablight

First Grade
urbandictionary.com is a very good site if you want to find out the meaning of a certain type of slang.

innsaneink

Referee
Jane Robinson said:
I've asked in the relevent thread but get ignored. What do you Aussies mean when you say that Mason is owned? Owned by who or what?
In this instance, its Willie doing the owning and stuey getting owned

masonownsfieldennewfn9.gif

innsaneink said:
In this instance, its Willie doing the owning and stuey getting owned

masonownsfieldennewfn9.gif

When you look at that shot in slow motion, how the f**k was Mason found guilty? Fielden has got hold of him and he has got his arm cocked. The only thing to suggest that Fielden wasn't about to hit him is the fact that Fielden has cocked his arm so many times in the past but never thrown one. He loves to pose and posture and this time the other bloke smacked him. Tough luck.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Jane Robinson said:

Its like if Mason went to prison for assault on someone and ran his mouth like that inside, he'd be owned in the back. :lol: by a gang member,rapist, murderer or the block prossy. :oops:

I like Mason talented player, dosent know when to shut up.

bartman

Immortal
East Coast Tiger said:
When you look at that shot in slow motion, how the f**k was Mason found guilty? Fielden has got hold of him and he has got his arm cocked. The only thing to suggest that Fielden wasn't about to hit him is the fact that Fielden has cocked his arm so many times in the past but never thrown one. He loves to pose and posture and this time the other bloke smacked him. Tough luck.
Because that's not enough provocation? And nor should it be in terms of the rules of the game, or on the street.

But Fielden deserved the hit for sure, that's what you risk when you shape up. But even so Mason deserved some penalty - I guess this was a more blatant breach of the rules than the hit on Long, which he might have been able to argue his way out of?

Roby1

Juniors
I think owned used in the context of Fielden being 'owned ' is somewhat rather an over exageration. It is only temporary. Like at the moment GB 'owns' the Aussies at RL, and cricket.

Owned generally means a higher level of 'owning something', like the owner says or asks for something and the owned has to do it for fear of reprisals. As mentioned before, like the prison scenario.

To use another example, Australia and the 'Aussies' are 'owned' by our Queen, many would argue different, but in laymens terms, if she really wanted to, she could make them all f**k sheep. Now that is owning:D