What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barret

soc123_au

Staff member
Good on him. He did a great job with the 20's so hopefully he can carry that through with the reserves.

I think Barrett will go well. Gus obviously rates him & that is good enough for me.

Barrett won't have Cartwright either. What other players under 20 do you think with play reserve grade all year?

betcats

Referee
If Trent does well with our NYC team I think he will pick up an NRL coaching gig in a season or two.

Glad Brennan is still onboard.

Puntastic

Juniors
I thought Barrett had been coaching the Tigpies or something?

Anyway, I am glad that Brennen is still around. He's been an asset.

Dunno what to expect from Barrett, but will watch with keen interest.

soc123_au

Staff member
Barrett was assisting Ivan this year. He also coached Country if I recall correctly & assisted with the Blues. A few people in the know must rate him & I hope he stays at Penrith for a while to come.

franklin2323

Immortal
Barrett has been our halves coach. He also coached country Origin and assistant coach for the blues.

:lol::lol: Done so well we p!ssed both halves off. NSW had the creativity of an u6's side...

Being serious now. Assistant coaching is just that assisting a senior coach. This will show how well he selects & prepares teams.

Skills where lots of assistants struggle when they get a top job. Good test to see what he has got.

roofromoz

First Grade
According to some, he was supposed to be replacing Henry mid-season in Townsville.

He'll get his shot eventually. This will be a good stepping stone for him.