What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett doesn't want the captaincy

Helen

Juniors
Back on topic, well played Trent stick up for ya mate.

Greg Bird stood up for his mate Gallen on many occasion.

Gallen repaid that loyalty and mateship when Bird got into trouble by saying and doing ..... NOTHING.

With *cough* mates like Gallen, you will never be short of enemies.

Helen

Eion

First Grade

Gallen repaid that loyalty and mateship when Bird got into trouble by saying and doing ..... NOTHING.

Helen
I've heard it all now. And what exactly did you want him to do helen? Gal couldn't even save his own captaincy for swearing at a bloke. He's been silent on maitua - so i suppose that's gal's fault. I've got a f**king ingrown toenail that must be gal's fault too.

Helen

Juniors
I've heard it all now. And what exactly did you want him to do helen? Gal couldn't even save his own captaincy for swearing at a bloke. He's been silent on maitua - so i suppose that's gal's fault. I've got a f**king ingrown toenail that must be gal's fault too.

I didn't attribute blame for events on anyone. So your 'f**king' ingrown toenail can take a hike.

The topic I discussed was 'Mates'

Maitua had been with the team.. How many months?
Hardly the basis for a strong 'mate ship'.

I have no problem with Gallen not saying anything about this.

Gallen showed what a great mate he was to Bird.

He (Gallen) could have said something. A generic that is not the 'Bird' I know. But no.

After all the times Greg stood up for Gallen in the press, his buddy Gallen slunk away into the shadows. Not a peep was heard.

As I said with mates like that who needs enemies.

Helen

Eion

First Grade
I didn't attribute blame for events on anyone. So your 'f**king' ingrown toenail can take a hike.

He (Gallen) could have said something. A generic that is not the 'Bird' I know. But no.

After all the times Greg stood up for Gallen in the press, his buddy Gallen slunk away into the shadows. Not a peep was heard.

Helen
How about this one for "not a peep":
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,25407077-5003409,00.html?from=public_rss

By the way, nice way to hijack an unrelated thread and stick the boot in to a bloke who's down. I think we all saw the type of "mate" gallen is earlier this week when he stuck up for his mate matty johns even whilst losing his captaincy. On your bike now.

It's all OT in any event and Trent will be the next captain.

pommy shark

Juniors

Helen

Helen
Gal said a number of times that he wanted Bird back in the team. Do you expect him to stand on a box and shout that Bird was innocent - just in case he was?

If not how would you have wanted him to stick up for Bird when neither Bird or the Girlfriend would speak to the police, the club or the press.

If Gal chose to say anything the trial by press world we live in would have jumped on it and decided that, as they were mates, anything Gal said came from Bird.

Bear in mind this was a legal matter and anyone speaking up would be doing so against the advice given to Bird by his lawyer and could have put Bird and also Gal deep in the mire.

My guess is that if Bird phoned Gal he would have told him to say nothing and keep out of it - as silence was Bird's strategy.

Helen

"MORON" enough said!!!

Latest posts