What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett leads call for Soward

Fire

First Grade
That's good news the Cutters got another win, that's eight in a row now.

Barrett is a good bloke and will probably always have good intentions for the Dragons, but I think he is going to the Eels with Sticky.

Got a good feeling Jamie is going to kill it next week, but in my opinion the season is over which sucks.

TheRev

Coach
he will be back for sure, especially after the loss... but I dont blame fien/hornby for the loss against the Roosters, by no means would we be guaranteed a win if Soward happened to be playing.

one positive might be that we may aswell relax and start throwing the ball now, we really need big wins to have any chance anyway.

st.phil

Bench
Soward should have never been dropped - our captain i the worst halfback in the comp - he does not deserve a position in first grade. He is out in the paper saying he'l be here next year - won't make the 8 next year either if we don't make changes in the halves.

possm

Coach
Soward should have never been dropped - our captain i the worst halfback in the comp - he does not deserve a position in first grade. He is out in the paper saying he'l be here next year - won't make the 8 next year either if we don't make changes in the halves.

Unlike Gaz, Hornby won't be giving up his 300k for the good of the team/club next year. Because of this it will be hard to buy a top line half so we will have to settle for a gun youngster.

So Hornby keeps is 300k and plays for the Cutters .... end of story.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Barrett is a good bloke and will probably always have good intentions for the Dragons, but I think he is going to the Eels with Sticky.

Got a good feeling Jamie is going to kill it next week, but in my opinion the season is over which sucks.

You could be right with Parra...but one would think if Stuart rated Sowie (and vise versa) that highly why did he go with Carney in Origin.

Fire

First Grade
You could be right with Parra...but one would think if Stuart rated Sowie (and vise versa) that highly why did he go with Carney in Origin.

In my opinion, Sticky didn't go with Sowie because he is an idiot. He thinks/thought that the Pearce and Carney combo would go well. What really bothers me about Sticky is how he thinks a NSW team needs to be 'built' (and Pearce and Carney are the 'future' for NSW). It's an exhibition game, just select in form players, simple as that in my view.

TruSaint

Referee

Did Sowie go well Fire?

Results have gone our way today with teams around us all losing. But with our woeful differential of -66 we are sitting 12th. In any case if we make the 8, we will be making up the numbers on our form this season.

I wouldn't be suprised if Barrett ends up coaching us sooner rather than later.

Fire

First Grade
Results have gone our way today with teams around us all losing. But with our woeful differential of -66 we are sitting 12th. In any case if we make the 8, we will be making up the numbers on our form this season.

I wouldn't be suprised if Barrett ends up coaching us sooner rather than later.

Yep, agreed. The results have been good for us this weekend. I'd like to make the Finals, even if we get rolled in the first week. Just for the pride factor of making a Finals Series.

Barrett coaching us is definitely food for thought.

p.s. and to also maybe give Youngy one last chance to get even with that piece of shit Inglis.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Fire...

The former NSW five-eighth was quick to make an impression in front of a handful of Dragons faithful yesterday, inspiring Illawarra to a 38-16 win over Windsor with a try and five goals.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Apparently H Matts or SG Ball coach.

And talk of him coaching us? lol. FMD, I know what a glass half empty looks like, but that one no beer in it at all.

DragonBuck

Juniors
Fire...

The former NSW five-eighth was quick to make an impression in front of a handful of Dragons faithful yesterday, inspiring Illawarra to a 38-16 win over Windsor with a try and five goals.

Wrong.... Did you attend the game???

The Cutters played the Mounties, not Windsor........

He had an ok game but didn't really set the world on fire. Scored a pretty good opportunist try when he caught the defence with their backs turned from a penalty and ran around 40m to score in the corner. Pretty sure he threw an ok cut out pass to a flying winger to score in the corner as well.
He also put a kick out on the full with very little pressure. He was tackled with the ball twice, one of these being directly from the start of the game. Caught the kick off and ran it up like a prop.... WTF?? Was odd.I was hoping he would relish the chance to take the line on and try and gain some confidence but sadly it didn't happen.

TruSaint

Referee
Wrong.... Did you attend the game???

The Cutters played the Mounties, not Windsor........

He had an ok game but didn't really set the world on fire. Scored a pretty good opportunist try when he caught the defence with their backs turned from a penalty and ran around 40m to score in the corner. Pretty sure he threw an ok cut out pass to a flying winger to score in the corner as well.
He also put a kick out on the full with very little pressure. He was tackled with the ball twice, one of these being directly from the start of the game. Caught the kick off and ran it up like a prop.... WTF?? Was odd.I was hoping he would relish the chance to take the line on and try and gain some confidence but sadly it didn't happen.

The quote was straight out of the article... not mine. No i wasnt there. If there are issues with the article blame them bud.
Paragraph 3. All i did was upload the review. Cheers

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/tr...ker-jamie-soward/story-fndujljl-1226442932363

DragonBuck

Juniors
"Dumped to the NSW Cup due to a combination of poor form and a back injury, Soward turned out for the Illawarra Cutters yesterday against Mounties at WIN Stadium.
The former NSW five-eighth was quick to make an impression in front of a handful of Dragons faithful yesterday, inspiring Illawarra to a 38-16 win over Windsor with a try and five goals."

Yeah ok no worries. Shit journo's making stupid errors!!!!

Latest posts