What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tri Nations TV Ratings - final

Nook

Bench
yeah, not everyone has a student concession

Really? Good point, hadn't thought of that. :sarcasm:

and when you have 4/5 people in a family going to the game, plus $20 or whatever it is for parking, it starts to get expensive. Before you get in the game you spend about $30 on petrol/tolls/parking, and at home you could spend $30 to get 3 pizzas delivered. The prices didn't stop me from going, in fact i had work so i couldn't go but if i didn't i would have been there...but i can see why families won't go to the games, especially when they are struggling with money.

Ofcourse, it's expensive. I took my little sister and it cost $115 bucks plus petrol (which is quite a lot on a student budget, even with two concession tickets). I'm sure plenty of people would struggle to justify spending well over $100 bucks taking a family to the footy, as they would struggle to justify spending similar amounts on a huge number of other forms of entertainment.
But the facts are: good deals and cheap tickets were available. If people can't go because they can't afford to, that is a pity but it is a fact of life.

The reality is that there are far more people out there who could go but, for whatever reason (including cost), choose not to. The trick is to get these people going to games despite the costs involved.

ali

Bench
Mattg I agree that the interest rate rises and expensive petrol prices mid season would have had some effect on the crowds. Possibly some of that 1000 per round. However, our ticket prices are about as cheap as you'll find anywhere in the developed world for our premier sports. People overseas pay far higher prices to get into sport. We can't complain. Even in England, lower division soccer and Rugby League clubs charge more for a normal match than it would have cost to get into the Tri Nations final.

I think Aussie Rugby League fans who whinge about ticket prices don't realise how good we have got it.

Misty Bee

First Grade
We can have the 'cheapest' ticket prices on earth, but if you can't afford to go....

Anyone ot the TV ratings from Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch?