What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial #2 vs. Gold Coast Titans

Big Pete

Referee
Gold Coast Titans vs. Brisbane Broncos
Cbus Super Stadium, Saturday 19 February 2022
Kick Off: 7:00pm (AEST)

GOLDCOAST-2021.png
1. Jayden Campbell 2. Treymain Spry 3. Sosefo Fifita 4. Esan Marsters 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Paul Turner 7. Toby Sexton 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Tanah Boyd 10. Jaimin Jolliffe 11. Sam McIntyre 12. Jacob Alick 13. Sam Lisone

14. Thomas Weaver 15. Herman Ese'ese 16. Shalin Fuller 17. Tony Francis 1. Jaylan De Groot 10. Iszac Fa'asuamaleaui 12. Klese Haas 18. Taine Tuaupiki 19. Charlie Murray 20. Ben Liyou 21. Oskar Bryant 22. Caleb Hodges

BRISBANE-2021.png
1. David Mead. 2. Selwyn Cobbo. 3. Kotoni Staggs. 4. Brenko Lee. 5. Corey Oates. 6. Billy Walters. 7. Albert Kelly. 8. Thomas Flegler. 9. Jake Turpin. 10. Corey Jensen 11. Kurt Capewell. 12. TC Robati. 13. Kobe Hetherington.

14. Pat Carrigan. 15. Rhys Kennedy. 16. Cory Paix 17. Jamayne Isaako. 18. Zac Hosking. 19. Tyson Gamble. 20. Jordan Pereira. 21. Deine Mariner. 22. Ezra Mam. 23. Ethan Quai-Ward. 24. Logan Bayliss

Big Pete

Referee
Originally Haas and R. James were named for the Broncos but they've since been omitted.

Of course there was bad news at the club this week with Tesi Niu suffering a grade 2 hamstring strain. He's set to be out for 4-6 weeks so he could miss the first month of football. It's already been a tough pre-season for Tesi with the loss of his dad so hopefully he can come out the other side.

The selection that stands out to me is David Mead at fullback. Mead is the most experienced fullback at the club but he didn't play there last season and Cobbo was the preferred option at the Seagulls. It's one of those decisions where I understand both sides of the argument, but on paper David Mead as your fullback in 2022 isn't that impressive.

Otherwise you have the return of Staggs and Carrigan from long term injuries, the All-Star players coming in and Kurt Capewell playing his first game for the NRL side (he was with the club back in NYC).

Interestingly Hosking, Mariner and Mam have all retained their spots as well. I'm excited to see how the two young guns handle playing against full-time professionals, but also curious to see how Hosking goes. He was an unsung hero last week and could very well earn a development contract and be a handy addition around the Origin period.

Eelectrica

Referee
Pelting with rain again here on the GC. Would have considered going to the game, but not getting drowned though.
Might clear up by kickoff, but looks settled in.
Also my weather forecasting abilities are terrible, so I'm just going to predict constant rain with no letup and see how that works.

Big Pete

Referee
Pelting with rain again here on the GC. Would have considered going to the game, but not getting drowned though.
Might clear up by kickoff, but looks settled in.
Also my weather forecasting abilities are terrible, so I'm just going to predict constant rain with no letup and see how that works.
Pretty good showing from your young charges tonight, mate. They moved the footy really well with Fuler, Francis and Bryant all coming up with some impressive moments.

Hopefully the final result wasn't a sign of things to come. There were too many occassions where the Gold Coast were by far the better side only to completely fall apart. I really hope it's something Holbrook can drill out of this team.

Smiley

Bench
Paix has to be starting hooker. Has really improved over the past 6 months while Turpin has regressed.

Forget about about Kelly, Walters and Gamble. Ezra needs to start the year at 5/8. Let him grow into the role by playing next to Reynolds.

Capewell, Cobbo and Stagg were class and Brenko Lee and Pereria had some good moments.