What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial V Mutts

Martli

Coach
wittyfan said:
Not sure why he's not goalkicking though.

Becuase goal kicking isn't based on how hot the player is.

I understnad you like Witt, that's cool, you're entitled to like whoever you want, but the groupie gimmick and the completely one-sided views are getting kinda old - it kinda ruins serious conversations becuase it gets to the point where whenever micheal witt is involved you can't look at things from an objectional view and thus all we get is "micheal witt should be captain blah blah blah". I would say the same thing to NZwarrior, but to be honest, the guy cracks me up every time :lol:

We know you like him, sweet, good for you, thumbs up, you just don't need to keep plugging him every five minutes.

Someone had to say it sometime I guess...

wittyfan

Referee
Martli said:
Becuase goal kicking isn't based on how hot the player is.

I understnad you like Witt, that's cool, you're entitled to like whoever you want, but the groupie gimmick and the completely one-sided views are getting kinda old - it kinda ruins serious conversations becuase it gets to the point where whenever micheal witt is involved you can't look at things from an objectional view and thus all we get is "micheal witt should be captain blah blah blah". I would say the same thing to NZwarrior, but to be honest, the guy cracks me up every time :lol:

We know you like him, sweet, good for you, thumbs up, you just don't need to keep plugging him every five minutes.

Someone had to say it sometime I guess...

Witty has one of the highest career percentages in the NRL. That has to count for something.

ozbash

Referee
bloody good game, we were playing very controlled footy i thought, the dogs looked quite flat.
SBW was very quiet, in fact the doggies forwards looked quite unorganised in the go forward dept with the exception of corey hughes.
roberts was very good at halfback i thought and the dogs backline had a go but the warriors were up in their faces most of the game and shut down a lot of the dogs attacking options.

we played it up the guts for most of the first half, evarn,wiki and price were impressive. russ packer made the most of his short stints off the bench. corey lawrie has been a stand out for me in the 2 trials ive seen.

witt was very good, the guy is a playmaker and him and ravs seem to click.
mannering started the game at 2nd row but alternated between there and his normal center position. he was very good on defence.

martin had a good game as did mckinnon although wade leaves himself open for a coma with his tackling technique- leads with his head...

manu was awesome, caught his first ball (scored a try through it) and was on fire from there.

excellent night for warriors fans and this one is looking forward to march 17.

dazza

Staff member
thanks for the updates oz & ali.

sure miss being there to see the boys play :cry:

can`t wait for the titans game.

cheers dazza

AliN

Live Update Team
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Any reports on how Packer went

He went very well. He played in the curtain raiser, in the heat, and was very solid.
Came on in the 2nd half of the main game, again solid.
Came to the sideline absolutely knackered.. within minutes was out on the field again covering for Wiki who had a some sort of injury.. and finished off the game well.

A definite bonus for the Warriors

ozbash

Referee
RLIF said:
Rumoer i have heard is Packer will be in the 17 come round 1...

maybe but he has to get past pricey, wiki,and a red hot tuimavave first.

aunty ivan may give him a spot on the bench but i really feel he'll get his taste of the 'big time' with the lions in premier league.

Martli

Coach
I reckon packer will probably be in and out of the 17 depending on injuries, the guy sounds like an absolute tank.

He's lucky he's got pricey and wiki to learn from this season and (hopefully) next season, should give him a solid platform to work from when those two leave :)

L NUTTER

Juniors
enjoyable day out again
sorry i didnt catch up with you and ali again bash

the dogs came to play but were matched by us every hit up
our forwards went well price and wiki got the yards
backed up well by evarn and sammy when they come on
if they can feed off each other then our backs will get the time and room

packer though still very young held his own and wasn't over rawed
made 1 mistake but more time amongst the 1st graders will benefit
fronted on both games and held his own

agree with you bash on lowrie
physically smaller but boxes well above his weight
never sherks his work load and his tackle technique is 2nd to none
a player with a lot of heart and quality
has stood up on both trial games

for me fein was dominant from the ruck area
his speed and quality out of the ruck area gave our halves and runners the space
to keep there defence guessing did some telling runs out of dummy half
fein 9 rivolli 7 and witt 6? combined well

the backs combined well halves more time together can only get better
mc kinnon played well lacks that return speed webb had
but positional play good and supported lines well to where he dotted over from 40 out
martin played his best game on defence stuck to tonga like orr to SBW
didnt give him the room and communicated well to crockett
hohaia again man out of position but still performed
in what ever task was asked of him

for the dogs asotasi is a void they need to fill
though shrek will be back for them
they came to play and started close to full strength
but were flat and it was evident
when folksey started the 2nd half with his lil pups taking the feild
good to see we didnt drop off our intensity and maintained the pressure

though very early days a lot better feeling amongst the fans compared to last year

i know my lil experts were chanting WARRIORS!!!
down the southern motorway on the way home

roll on round 1

dazza

Staff member
thanx for that nutter. you coming over for the titans game cuz? be good to catch up.
also, have you heard anything on rubes injury? hope he`s ok for round 1.

cheers dazza

ozbash

Referee
Lions v Dev side and Hello Sailor (who were as good as ever !)

wazdog-1.jpg

wazdog-2.jpg

wazdog-3.jpg

wazdog-4.jpg

wazdog-5.jpg

ozbash

Referee
Some for Witty from Ali

wazdog-11.jpg

wazdog-12.jpg

wazdog-13.jpg

wazdog-14.jpg

Great to see 'Sauve back and he had a very good run, got a big cheer when he ran on.

wazdog-15.jpg

ozbash

Referee
hohaia again man out of position but still performed
in what ever task was asked of him

dead right nutter, lance was awesome,,, again.

Micistm

Bench
Good result, even though it is only a trial...as another said, just as long as there's no injuries

Latest posts