What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs BRET

So who's going???????????? I'll be there to cheer the boys on for the first time this season.

It'll be good to see the boys run around again.

Anyone have any info on the players this year? I see there are a few surnames that look familiar...

Trial - Newtown RLFC Vs Balmain

Kick-off 3.20pm
Team sheet
Fullback
Toshio Laiseni

Wings
Byron Ford, Tevita Folau

Centres
Albert Hopoate, Rhys Pritchard

Halves
Luke Branighan, Ben Green

Lock
Daniel Green

Back row
Jimmy Andersen, Danny Howard

Props
Ray Moujalli, Steve Meredith

Hooker
Tyrone Shelley

Interchange
Hep Cahill, Khalid Deeb, Fonua Fale, Trevor Richardson, AJ Pesamino,

Joe Philippe, Jai Ayoub, Luke Millwood, Donny Thompson, Mick Taouk.

2 True Blues

Coach
Apparently that Hopoate goes pretty well. Can you let me know how he goes mate if you go ?? And anything else of interest ??

2 True Blues

Coach
How did that new bloke from ireland go mate ?? apparently he has never played league before ???? But is a natural .

It was a very good performance. Considering that the BRET scored the first try, that was very soft and the last try of the game, it was a very good effort by the boys. In fact the other BRET try I didn't think he grounded the ball and I dunno how the ref saw that it was grounded as there we about sixteen billion players on top, underneath and beside the player with the ball!

Anyway the forwards looked awesome, and the halves combination looked tremendous.

Highlight of the game was seeing the boys run around in the blue shorts!!!

Great to be back at the footy and great to see the Jets with an impressive win.

Only downside was that the game kicked off at 3:20 and the gates only opened up at 3:15, meaning a mad dash to get a ticket and then get a seat.

2 True Blues

Coach
So who were some of the standout players mate.?

We should have a great forward pack this season . But surely your kiddin when you say there was a mad rush for seats. How was the crowd ?? really .

It wasn't the fact that I was struggling to find a seat before the game... But it was a struggle to A) get a ticket and B) walk into ground and fit a decent possie to watch the game.

Guess won't have to worry about that next weekend at Chester Hill!

Henson Park Hornets said:
Highlight of the game was seeing the boys run around in the blue shorts!!!

Since when do we wear blue shorts???

WTF??? After last year's royal (pun intended) screw-up, I would have thought having our players wear our own uniform might have assumed just a little bit of importance. FFS!

greg

Juniors
If memory serves me correctly, I recall being at Henson in 1982 when we wacked Illawarra 51-0. On that day we wore blue shorts and I remember thinking it looked very good at the time. Given it was 51-0 to us they could be our "lucky shorts".

TigerJet

Juniors
greg said:
If memory serves me correctly, I recall being at Henson in 1982 when we wacked Illawarra 51-0. On that day we wore blue shorts and I remember thinking it looked very good at the time. Given it was 51-0 to us they could be our "lucky shorts".

We used the blue shorts regularly in 82 & from memory there are old photos off tommy playing halback in blue shorts

2TB: We will be wearing a white away jersey this year for the first time ever so I'm told. they are an complete reversal of the normal home jersey, ie: white with blue collar and three blue stripes. It's a great looking jersey, however..... It's not right that we should have to have an away jersey, but guess we have to move with the times. Afterall, it's the twenty first century and not the nineteeth...

Anyway it's better than having to wear the Chooks jersey....

As for the shorts, I thought it made a nice change. Sure it wasn't the traditional white, but I can live with blue shorts every now and then!

2 True Blues

Coach
So what are you implying mate. That I should get with the future. LOL....

But seriously. Shows what power we have in the decision process. Bend over jack, and I'll let ya know what ya doin.

What away jersey will they be wearing when playing us at Henson. ???

PS...It's all good, just havin a dig.

So who were the standout players, the only question worth answering. Hear Hopoate is the strongest bloke in league or somethin according to the roosters website. How'd he go ??