Triple J To Change The Hottest 100 Date

Discussion in 'The Music & Movies Forum' started by veggiepatch1959, Nov 27, 2017.

1. bileduct

bileduct Coach

Best place to find new music to listen to is Chaturbate.

2. Lemon Squash

Lemon Squash First Grade

I'd love to be able to listen to Triple J, they give young Aussie Talent a chance and you hear a good mix of styles...

But I cannot for the life of me sit there and listen to the boring as batsh*t hipster presenters all day... They all sound exactly the same and its just the same mundane crap all the time, no personality whatsoever... problem is most of the other FM stations the presenters are over the top and annoying as F*CK! can't these stations just find people to host shows who aren't complete and utter bell-ends?

I also can't stand the fanboys of the station who shove it down your throat all the time, about being out of the mainstream. Especially around Top 100 time think they are gods gift for listening to a certain music station... its a bloody music countdown FFS...

Also this new style of Rap/Hip-Hop style where its just like chanting such as what Kendrick Lamar has brought out and seems to be every second song on the radio now is utter dross.

jargan83, bileduct and Tommy Smith like this.
  3. Mong

Mong Post Whore

Gen & Lewis are amusing, as is Veronica when she was/is there.

Ben & Liam are decent too, matt & Alex were way better though.

4. Walt Flanigan

Walt Flanigan Coach

I think 96 was my favourite 100. Got it all on tape somewhere

5. Danish

Danish Referee

The “triple J is so alternative/non-mainstream” crowd are hilarious, particularly when you consider the winner is rarely not a track that has been thoroughly f**ked out on commercial radio anyway

Lemon Squash likes this.
  6. Mong

Mong Post Whore

I think the casual listener who votes causes issues with what becomes number one. There has been many years where the tracks leading up to number one are far better than the number 1.

Doesn't really change that the station is "alternative" or mostly not mainstream.

7. Mong

Mong Post Whore

I was thinking that as well until I listened to the 97 countdown on Sunday. Will need to go through the 96 countdown again to compare.

8. Danish

Danish Referee

Generally though the people who so enjoy talking about how alternative triple J is are the casual listening type who also skew the voting.

Besides which, I mainly just enjoying riling up my triple J listening mates

9. Mong

Mong Post Whore

Happy hottest 100 day!!!