What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trivia Thread

rabbitohs95

Bench
Goodwin by a long shot I would say as that's where he played nearly all of his Jnr footy!!!

Hahaha alright then let me re-word it.

Who's scored more tries in Perth in a SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS NRL JERSEY?

Dylan Walker or Bryson Goodwin?

This player was a FB--he represented Aust.schoolboys in RL & Cricket--he was close to Sheffield Shield selection & a very successful 1st Grade cricketer.

He was a goalkicker too.

A good attacking fullback playing over 70 games for us.

His christian name is almost exactly the same logo name as one of our opposition clubs.

He was a Newtown Jets jnr.

Bronco D'Jura

doyen

Bench
An easy one,no cheating. Out of our successful GF wins in the 60's and 70's what GF did Bob McCarthey NOT play in?

It's got to be one of the early ones as Bobby became entrenched in our first team in the late 60s & early 70s & onwards; with the Berries.
The intercept try was against Canterbury in 1967 so I guess it must be 1968.
I don't think he was injured from memory;he was just out of the side against Manly--not sure why;there must have been a reason;maybe just returning from injury so lacked the fitness to place into a GF!!???

He was the classiest forward Sths ever produced,a beautiful mover for a big man!!
Everything about him was class. Paul Sait was brilliant too.

Last edited:
It's got to be one of the early ones as Bobby became entrenched in our first team in the late 60s & early 70s & onwards; with the Berries.
The intercept try was against Canterbury in 1967 so I guess it must be 1968.
I don't think he was injured from memory;he was just out of the side against Manly--not sure why;there must have been a reason;maybe just returning from injury so lacked the fitness to place into a GF!!???

He was the classiest forward Sths ever produced,a beautiful mover for a big man!!
Everything about him was class. Paul Sait was brilliant too.

Correct,it was 68.He actually did play in a GF that day, but it was in Reserve Grade.

doyen

Bench
I think you are right,he must have been coming back from an injury.

Every player of our 1968 GF winning side,except two, ended up getting an Aussie guernsey!!

Who were those two who didn't attain International status???

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
Definitely Arthur Branighan is one. Bobby Moses?

Those were the two--note we only had one bench player at that time--but what a bloody beauty in Paul SAIT--better than any of our present forwards, & most of our backs,in fact!
A magnificent utility!!