What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble at Tigertown

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks like its D-day for Madge. The latest scape goat for a club that cant seem to get its sht together. Feel a bit sorry for him given he's still trying to work with the mess left him by the previous incumbent and the CEO didn't come across as the greatest asset in the doco series.

Wests Tigers are poised to sack coach Michael Maguire as early as this evening.
Sydney Morning Herald journalist Michael Chammas broke the news on Nine's 4pm news bulletin.
"It looks like Michael Maguire's time at the Wests Tigers is coming to an end," Chammas said.
"We can reveal the board has called a meeting this afternoon, they are meeting right now to determine whether Maguire will remain as coach. It looks as though his time at the club is up barring a last-minute change of heart.
"The Tigers are looking to pay $750,000 as payout to part ways with Maguire later today."
Chammas added that Panthers assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo would replace Maguire if he wants the job.

yobbo84

First Grade
Down there, it's a bunch of stiffs
Brother, I'll be bored to death
Gonna have to import some stuff
Just to entertain myself
Give me morphine in a tin
Give me a crate of the fruit of the vine
Takes a lot of medicine
To make it through the wintertime

Way down Hadestown Tigertown
Way down under the ground

BunniesMan

Immortal
Maguire won a premiership relatively recently and the club won't give him the benefit of the doubt. Meanwhile Cleary has gone 15 years without one and he seems to never get criticism for falling short.

roofromoz

First Grade
Hooper on NRL 360 saying the board meeting has been cancelled as they need more time to discuss whatever it is they are going to talk about. Kind of what a board meeting is for I'd have thought.

@Timmah No link obvs as it's a tv show.

No scoop for Hoop then. Sad face.

JB04

Juniors
Ciraldo is a lunatic if he signs on to try and fix that mess. I hope they give Harry a nice jacket if he stumps up for Madge's payout. I'm sure Ivan will get the blame for it all.
Agreed. If I were him I'd avoid Wests and stay with Rith. A new coach is NOT what we need. Cannot blame Ivan at all, this is all Madge and the Pascoe fiasco
Won't change shit about f**k until they sack 83% of the peahearted park footy players in the roster.
Yep. Somebody please take Luke Brooks and David Nofoaluma asap. Keep at all costs Doueihi, Stef and Laurie

AJB1102

First Grade
Ciraldo is a lunatic if he signs on to try and fix that mess. I hope they give Harry a nice jacket if he stumps up for Madge's payout. I'm sure Ivan will get the blame for it all.
I know there's limited head coaching gigs and good money available but I can't understand anyone fair dinkum about being a career coach taking this gig.