What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troy Thompson Squeezed Out of Canberra

Talanexor

Juniors
Now that they've signed Brett White for next year, there is no room in Canberrra for Troy Thompson.

He's no superstar, but he IS experienced and he DOES put in every game. I wouldn't throw a lot of money at him, but is he worth looking at as a stop gap to help our younger front rowers (Tamou and Sims) develop?

The Pain Game

Juniors
Speaking of that Charlie, not sure how much we have left in the cap. We have let heaps of players go, but hopefully there is enough left to fill the obvious week points up front (and still keep Mason and Hogan on top of it).

Josh

Talanexor

Juniors
Should still have a bit to play with.

Webb, O'Donnell, Rovelli, Southern, Kaufusi, Manuokafoa alone probably amount to about $1.2-1.3 million. Then there's John Williams, Ty Williams, Slyney, Watts, Rapira, Isaak Ah Mau, Amos, Geia, Malone and maybe Achurch who won't be here next year. So that's another 700-800K I reckon.

Should be enough to sign Johnson (if he's available) Mason and Hogan. I'm starting to get the impression we'll be looking in our own backyard for depth players though, maybe guys like Liam McDonald out of QLD Cup - he's only young, and a few people have said he's half decent.

Best-case scenario forward pack for 2011:

8. Scott
10. Mason
11. Bolton
12. Manu
13. Johnson

15. Tamou
16. Hogan
17. L Ah Mau

18. Sims
19. McDonald
20. Harris
21. Maybe Will Tupou?

Charlie124

First Grade
I think we'll still have plenty of cash to throw around. Its not so much the quality of players we're losing but the amount of money those players are on.
Theres a new article on the DT website about johnson too, it seems his ESL team are no guarantees to release him. Hope they do.

Latest posts