What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try of the year

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The Cowboys have scored some sensational tries, the Matt Bowen try against the Bulldogs where he took the ball under the high ball 10m from his own and dashed 90m to score.

Also against the Dragons there was brilliant play which also involved Matt Bowen, and ended up with Josh Hannay who scored.

The Broncos try, where Karmichael Hunt or whoever it was, against Newcastle where they went down the blindside and involved Darren Lockyer and two flick passes.

What does everyone reckon?

Pigskin

Juniors
I would rate the Barry Berrigan try under the sticks against the Panthers which was an 80m job our best for the season .... started with a Tallis offload and involved Lockyer, DeVere and Tate from memory.

There are probly better ones but this one would be in the finals.

Oink !

Cowboy Fan

Juniors
I rate the Josh Hannay try against the Dragons when Matty Bowen carved them up and ran the length of the field ducking and weaving the defence as the best try I have seen this year so far.

Cheers.

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
Cowboy Fan said:
I rate the Josh Hannay try against the Dragons when Matty Bowen carved them up and ran the length of the field ducking and weaving the defence as the best try I have seen this year so far.

Cheers.

Sensational try.

Billybob

Juniors
i agree with you Mr wheelchair

but the standout one was matty's 90mtr run from the bomb it was the biggest up yours to anasta after they had just scored from the previous play the same way
he just kept his cool and took it at speed and the rest is history :clap:

the hannay one will more then likely win the try of the year at the footy show awards

geez just thinking about the awards the cowboys may have a show in most of the catagories ,except hit of the year but we already have one of those

hotsnow

Juniors
Cowboy Fan said:

Cheers.
I agree.

Kris_man

Bench
hotsnow said:
Cowboy Fan said:

Cheers.
I agree.
yep, a brilliant try, as was the matty bowen 90m one. here's others which come to mind (not in order):

1)Mick Crocker, Raiders vs Roosters round 24. Hegarty made a run down the blindside, came inside then back out again, and nicely offloaded to a flying Chris Walker, who charged down the sideline then chip-kicked inside off the side of his boot for a perfectly positioned michael crocker to score under the sticks.
2)Billy Slater, origin II. We all know what happened.
3)Billy Slater, Melbourne vs Warriors, a length of the field individual beauty.
4)I can't rememeber any particular one, but I rememeber Souths scoring some beauties.
5)Adam Mogg, Raiders vs Tigers, rd 17: a great try off the kick off, which started with a Croker offload, but it was the individual work by Mogg which made it so good.
6)Anything involving Willie Tonga.

I'm sure there were heaps more that i didn't see, or can't recall right now.

thuganomics

Coach
That storm Try against the Panthers that Cooper Cronk Scored when it went through like 10 pair of hands.
Slaters 3 great trys.
Broncos Try to Karmichael Hunt against the Knights in Round 19

plenty of billy slater tries. origin two chip-over-mini, dummy step on brent webb, length of the field against bulldogs.

matt king's try from passes between him and mcdougall from their own 20 meter line, i think against panthers.

storm's multiple pass try against panthers, and the sharks' or was it panthers, similar try. ball being passed through seven or so sets of hand before planted under the sticks.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The Hannay one mentioned above, as well as the Broncos one against the Knights, also mentioned above.

choc_soldier

Coach
Galuvao against the Tigers.

Looked all bailed up about 10 metres out... then BANG! Crossed over.

Pure strength and tenacity.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
That was a good try pp, also a try scored by Cooper Cronk (Storm) against us when they hammered us 66-14 at Olympic Park, it involved a couple of miracle flick passes and pathetic defence.

hrundi99

First Grade
McLinden has had an inconsistent season at best but the try against the Broncos in Brisbane where he stepped around Hunt and turned him inside out was special.

It really set up the strong performance of the whole team.

Raider_69

Post Whore
hrundi99 said:
McLinden has had an inconsistent season at best but the try against the Broncos in Brisbane where he stepped around Hunt and turned him inside out was special.

It really set up the strong performance of the whole team.

yea i remember that
hunt did one on clinton and not to be outdone, macca stepped hunt out of his underpants :lol: