What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try Scoring Tips

tabz_0000

Juniors
Anyone have strategies or tips etc for scoring tries.

I'm playing God, and sometimes even in Legend I have trouble scoring tries, except off scrums of course.

So your strategies or tips will be appreciated. I'm sick of losing 1-0, 2-0 4-0!!!!!!!!!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Mate i've just converted from Seasoned to Legend so i can't really help you out, you must be good at it to play it in League God already.

tabz_0000

Juniors
Not really, just persistent.

Seasone was pretty straight forward, Legend is a reasonable test, but God sheesh!!!!

Special K

Coach
I'm playing on god and was going good till the last two games where I just got belted by Parra and the storm... Kicking grubbers helps and also keeping the ball alive.

Though on god the players seem to get run down quicker so you need support players.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah my record for Legend is probably played 6, won 2, lost 4 so i ain't going that well. I'm glad it's hard because i want it to be a challenge and i'm challenged in Legend so imagine League God atleast i won't get bored of smashing sides because it won't happen, well for a while anyway.

TripleM

Juniors
I've won ESL on legend and won trans tasman on league god.. mainly I just use a normal league strategy, first couple of tackles just the one pass and run into the line with a dummy and fend. On about the 3rd I try a couple of passes wide of dummy half, trying to catch them out on the wing (still throwing dummies all the time, with a sidestep added in). By the 4th if i'm inside my 40, go for the 40-20. If i'm near the opposition line, a grubber on the 4th or 5th into the ingoal works well. Though watch out, if you do grubber on the 5th, you don't want to get there first as you'll be held up and lose the ball, just tackle them ingoal.

bulldog

Bench
A short run from dummy half , backwards the first couple of steps to avoid the miracle markers , then one or two passes helps me make some good yards in God , combined with the good advice from the above post

My advice is to get a forward or someone with a big break tackle ability to run to the wing, get caught up by the opposition winger and then offload to your winger and run like hell

When i score its usually a fluke lol.. Sometimes i will do a freakish sidestep, or create an overlap.. But in the higher levels i always get run down, even if i am Tahu or some speedster.

And ill be f**ked if i am ever able to get a feild goal, when i hit the 2 buttons the dude is usually facing the f**kin sideline or some shit.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I reckon field goals are pretty easy but yeah you got to position yourself pretty good and do it quick before the defence comes up and gets in your face.

Robster

Bench
give the ball to ur fastest player near the touch line , den sprint your way across to the other side of the field, there shuld be a massive gap , go up and sprint ur heart out , find support if ur gonna get tackled.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
And ill be f***ed if i am ever able to get a feild goal, when i hit the 2 buttons the dude is usually facing the f***in sideline or some sh*t.

Really? I kick field goals until the cows come home...

Jack_The_Viking

Juniors
Side stepping and using dummys is the best way to win on the best two modes. 9/10 I win on Legend, butI've only played friendlies on League God. Offloading works as does keeping the ball alive but don't go crazy with it, stay cool.

IanRitchie said:
And ill be f***ed if i am ever able to get a feild goal, when i hit the 2 buttons the dude is usually facing the f***in sideline or some sh*t.

Really? I kick field goals until the cows come home...

well i have only tried them in pressure situations. Like 0-0 with 30 secs to go in state of origin.

Zoot said:
Why is it when you offload and it stuffs up the players throw the ball 20m behind them? thats just weird...

I know, and in legend the opposition seems to be able to throw perfect offloads whenever they want.. Go figure..

And how on earth can i get the ball to the halfback or 5/8 on the fifth tackle for a kick? Always seems to go to my f**ken prop or someone hopeless. (not that it matters really because all players are pro kickers in this game)

TripleM

Juniors
you only throw it 20m behind you when you do it at the wrong time. If you offload every single chance you have and when the player is in a bad position to do so, it will happen regularly. When you start offloading at the right times, you can cut that problem down to almost never happen.

NPK

Bench
TripleM said:
you only throw it 20m behind you when you do it at the wrong time. If you offload every single chance you have and when the player is in a bad position to do so, it will happen regularly. When you start offloading at the right times, you can cut that problem down to almost never happen.

Yea but in real life when you mistime an offload, it dribbles only a few metres behind you, or you knock it on..not 20m behind you.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah it's like they are throwing the ball 20 metres back instead of an offload which normally travels 1-2 metres if that.