What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to rank GOULDs brain explosions of the past decade

T-Boon

Coach
It isn't an easy task but as a fan base we should probably try:

1. the firing of Ivan Cleary;
2. the hiring of Anthony Griffin;
3. expressing the opinion that knock on's should be ignored;
4. becoming a player agent for 3 weeks and then doing a Mal Meninga and realising it is too difficult;

thats my top four in order.

Munky

Coach
My favourite is his current war on penalties being given for attackers stopping in the defensive line.

"Where are they meant to go?"

I dunno, maybe somewhere else on 600 square metre or so field.

Edit: Oops that should be 6,000 or so.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
So much gold from Gould. Early this year when he became both a climate change denier AND Covid denier in one tweet was epic lol

"If I remember rightly, in January we were dealing with devastating bushfires & drought," he wrote.
"World about to end due to climate change.
"Don't hear anyone on climate change now.

"I certainly didn't hear anyone banging on about #coronavirus 2 months ago.
"All experts in hindsight."

dogslife

Coach
Using the wrong shampoo that one time

the-gus.jpg

The_Frog

First Grade
It isn't an easy task but as a fan base we should probably try:

1. the firing of Ivan Cleary;
2. the hiring of Anthony Griffin;
3. expressing the opinion that knock on's should be ignored;
4. becoming a player agent for 3 weeks and then doing a Mal Meninga and realising it is too difficult;
1. The side had just played for last place and couldn't even win that. Not that ridiculous.
2. 58% win rate. Finals every year. This is why the Dragons want him.
3. I'll take your word for this one. T-B wouldn't make something up surely.
4. Got a better offer from the Warriors.

The_Frog

First Grade
Channel 9 should get the award for biggest brain explosion for hiring him.

He is the only commentator in world sports that spends the whole game saying how sh#t everything is.
As well as being an authority on the game, Gus is an actor, playing a role dictated by his employer. If you don't like it Kayo is $25 a month. It never ceases to amuse the people who whinge about him, yet continue to watch him every week just to save a few pennies. The late Stan Zemanek was very successful on radio talking to a devoted audience who hated his guts. John Pearce was another. It is a long standing tradition in Australian media.

T-Boon

Coach
I rank him somewhere between southwalesrabbit and T-boon. Undecided who is first and who is third though?

I guess its just your name but whenever I hear from you I picture you as a smelly, homeless drunk at a library computer.

Saxon

Bench
Whining and bitching about the wrestle.
NRL instructs refs to penalise the shit out of wrestlers.(which was reducing wrestle)
Whining and bitching about the number of penalties.

Also "stop being pedantic about the rules".

Fangs

Coach
Walking out early from Origin II is right up there in terms of brain explosions.

Sacking a coach I wouldn't call a brain explosion. At least the Penrith coaches truly deserved the sack.

Last edited:

Latest posts