What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turvey blasts Fitzgerald

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tyler Durden said:
brett kenny and ray price have been on the TV offering their expert opinons on the club and management
and i'm sure raaaaaaaaaaaay will devote some time on the weekend

Raaaaaaaays arguement was that it should of been done years ago, classic case of damned if you do..

PB

Bench
mickdo said:
Have you seen Parra busted for cheating? Have the players been dragged through a rape investigation? Put it in perspective ffs.
I don't particularly like Fitzy, but don't even try and compare what has happened under his reign to the disgrace that is the scum cheating dogs...

No they haven't but Mortimer had nothing to do with the club cheating.
and while they clearly were screwing around in Coffs, it has been revealed their wasn't a shred of evidence and the case shouldn't have been closed after 2 days! It was all newspaper spool (the same stuff eels supporters are whinging about today) But Mortimer still put his hand up and said i have to cop some of the balme and walked.

Should Denis walk? i don't know, but should he take some resonsibility, Um yes, because his decision in October last year has impacted on what we have now.

Do i compare what has happened to our club to the Dogs, of course not. As i have stated else where, Denis has obviously done some good things, and he is pretty happy to stand up and pat himself on the back when the club wins club championships, so why can't he take any responsibility when he and the club stuffs up?!

bartman

Immortal
Fitzy's made enough enemies over the years it's no surprise league identities are queueing to put the boot in when they can.

fish eel

Immortal
Glenn said:
Salary Cap cheats, Crowd Violence,Players DUI...enough said

mate I think for the time being we've lost the moral high ground we used to be able to take when it came to player behaviour.

But still, turn it up Turvey. Mortimer was totally out of his depth in thatt job, and jumped before being pushed.

Glenn

First Grade
fish eel said:
mate I think for the time being we've lost the moral high ground we used to be able to take when it came to player behaviour.

But still, turn it up Turvey. Mortimer was totally out of his depth in thatt job, and jumped before being pushed.

Maybe down a notch or two on the moral high ground stakes, but still daylight between Parramatta and Canterbury in that regard.

As for Turvey no doubt got knifed in the back, and would have been pushed if he didn't go when he did.

Still can't see whay he needs to say anything, needs to stick to flogging his shuffleboards.

thedux

Juniors
Geez, we're a precious lot atm. I don't think it matters were someone's allegiance lies, if they're asked the question, they're entitled to answer. I'm sure Turvey didn't ring the tele to give his opinion. Our club is the nrl punchline, for reasons most of us have freely identified constantly but we lambast someone for agreeing with us....

bradeel

Juniors
the state of the Parramatta Eels bears no resemblance whatsoever to the continual line of scandals, player disobedience and lawlessness that IS the Canterbury Bulldogs and Steve Mortimer and the Bulldogs fans excitedly trawling this part of the forums would definitely do best to keep clear of pointing fingers at our club.

I don't want to go defending Piggy Riddell and Tim Smith for their stupid actions, because they were certainly irresponsible and short sighted at a time when the club needed solidarity and leadership, but 2 players missing a recovery session due to a few too many ales down at the local pub, pales into insignificance next to Reni Maitua and Sonny Bill Williams driving their cars whilst well over the limit and without a vaild licence at all in the case of SBW (if i recall correctly), not to mention the Coffs Harbour stuff - whether or not there was a rape commited, wrong doing of some sort certainly occured. These footballers have happily endangered the lives of others with their form of irresponsibility, while the Piggy/Smith case is a minor blip on the scale of what we see regularly from these so-called role models.