What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV coverage in Melbourne?

Would be interested to know what footy coverage is shown in Victoria...both on channel 9 and on pay TV.

I know that the 9 coverage is pretty lacklustre but I wanna know if the fans down there still have access to 'super saturday' on pay etc.

Could anyone help me out? Cheers.

Dani

Immortal
i cant remember getting one game this season live on nine. pay tv is the way us melbournians have to go.

i mean, on nine, the SOO games were started around 9:30-10:30,which also meant that it didnt finish to pretty late, it did nothing to promote rugby league as a sport in melbourne.

and the grand final was live on nine, but they stopped coverage about 2 minutes after the siren went, we saw nothing of presenations or anything of the like.

most league fans in melb. have a very big grudge against nine.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Nine is pathetic which is why we have to rely on FOX for all the games. The news coverage isn't all that good apart from Sports Tonight.

storm007

Juniors
I agree nine is pathetic and no coverage at all of the 7'S doubt it will even make the news. Glad I have Foxtel

Bozza 1980

Juniors
Without Foxtel, Rugby League is basically non-existant on TV.

The one key example I remember is of the decising game of the 99 State of Origin series where a 60 minute highlight package was shown. This highlight package ofcourse did not include the try that drew the match.

Channel 9 do a great job promoting the game down here!!

Stormin Norman

Juniors
Nine show the fri night games at 12 midnight and the sun games at about 1.30 am plus even the state of origin where 1 or 2 hours late on a delayed telecast

Thanks fellas, very interesting.

Nine sucks everywhere, not just in Vic. Good to see Foxtel provide a decent service by the sounds of things...

Surandy

Bench
From memory Channel Nein showed 4 Storm games this season.

Storm vs Bulldogs (Sunday match home match) shown at 1:30am or thereabouts.

Storm vs Dragons (Friday night away match) shown around midnight. The Friday night matches usually start about 15 minutes after the time listed in the guide, usually at the advertised start time you get the sports highlights on the late news so you can find out the result before actually watching the game.

Storm vs Canberra (Friday night finals match in Canberra) see comments on Storm vs Dragons match.

Storm vs Bulldogs (Sunday afternoon finals match in Sydney). Apparently shown live on Channel Nein.

I actually missed every single Storm broadcast as I went to the games and saw them live at the ground. :lol:

SoO as mentioned were delayed by an hour or so. I even heard that the grand final was on a slight delay of one or two minutes. I heard some people say that they couldn't listen to the game on the radio and watch it on tv at the same time as they were out of sync.

World 7's in 2004? Do they even exist?

Channel Nein didn't buy the NRL broadcast rights to promote the game, they bought the rights so Channel 7 couldn't get them. (nb: this is a personal opinion)

Surandy

syphon

Juniors
Surandy said:
I even heard that the grand final was on a slight delay of one or two minutes. I heard some people say that they couldn't listen to the game on the radio and watch it on tv at the same time as they were out of sync.
all part of the conspiracy, apparantly.

Latest posts