What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV Coverage of the Tri Nations for Victorians

ali

Bench
You Victorians should strike while the iron's hot. Eddie is promising getting behind RL on 9 in Melbourne, so if he doesn't deliver with live coverage for the Tri Nations then he is full of hot air.

This is a good chance to show Victorians that Rugby League has another dimension outside of the NRL and Origin. It's vitally important Victorian's see these games live, or at worst on a slight delay.

LESStar58

Referee
If Eddie is serious about Channel 9 "aggressively supporting rugby league in Victoria" then he needs to start NOW.

All games involving Australia at best need to be live and the final needs to be shown live.

ali

Bench
no.2_lukeburt said:
so, what do you suggest a Sydneysider like myself does to get behind this?

I too am hoping from guidence from Victorians. How do we help you out. First game is coming up soon.

My guess would be go to the nine website...look for feedback etc.

And then say we are from melbourne, loved the origin and grandfinal and would love to see the 3N

DACSSDOWN

Juniors
Have just checked the CH 9 schedule for Sat night in Mel. First there is Funniest Home Videos, then Kangaroo Jack followed by Wesley Snipes in The Art of War and finally at 1145 the Tri Nations. Well done CH 9 Melbourne for aggressively supporting Rugby League in Victoria.

Jeffles

Bench
Perhaps the Melburnians on this forum can throw Eddie's words back in his face via email. He vowed to push RL more aggressively in Victoria once the AFL rights had expired. The dead air time of Saturday night would have been a perfect opportunity and 11:45pm is the best he can do - two weeks after 905,000 people tuned in to watch the Storm play in the GF.

Forget Melburnians, I'll write something myself. When (if) I get the stock standard reply, and there is no other kind of reply, I will post here.

If anyone wants to join me, visit this page.

http://help.ninemsn.com.au/support/channel9.asp

phonetic

Juniors
It just doesn't make sense does it? Surely the League would outrate Kangaroo Jack given that there is no real competition?!

Unbelievable.

ianrhodes

Juniors
all games to be shown live in the uk
all early morning but will be getting up to watch them
even aussies v the kiwis next saturday

come on gb

it's a joke - you can watch aus v nz live on the other side of the world but not in victoria. on the back of over 1million viewers, they do this. They have lost their no ratings argument, so I wonder what the excuse is now

Gibbo

Juniors
I say we give it to them with both barrels, e-mail and fax anyone who's willing to listen especially the major papers and radio stations. Would be great if a rep from the storm (hopefully B Waldron) could come out and take a stand on this issue. Really, what other sport is there on at the moment? Give Melbourne a chance.

ali

Bench
Fire up people, let's make this huge.

Anyone got a way to email them. I'd ring, but it wouldn't look good when my Sydney phone number pops up on their screen.

dimitri

First Grade
ali said:
Fire up people, let's make this huge.

Anyone got a way to email them. I'd ring, but it wouldn't look good when my Sydney phone number pops up on their screen.

Dial "1831" before the number

then your number will come up private!!!

DACSSDOWN

Juniors
Not only did we have to wait until 1145pm to watch the game, but the coverage started directly with the kick off. No team line ups, no national anthems, no Haka. All in all a pretty ordinary effort from CH 9 Mel.

SMOKEY

Juniors
REPLAY's...;-) Today-{sunday}

..............Test Match = 1.30pm-Fox-1 :)

....Super-League G.F = 4.00pm-Fox-2 :p

Latest posts