What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tv coverage

hitamn

Juniors
read an article in the paper on sunday that stated the NRL are close to finalising a deal with US and european TV stations for NRL coverage. this could be the biggest break rugby league ever gets, we could create our on niche market like all countries have with organisations such as the NBA which will help the game grow all over the world

langpark

First Grade
that's good, now all foxsports have to do is get a deal with the PNG and French leagues, I'd like to watch some of those games.

colonel_123

Juniors
langpark said:
that's good, now all foxsports have to do is get a deal with the PNG and French leagues, I'd like to watch some of those games.

What I'd love to see is Foxsports picking up an international rugby league package from the RLIF.

It would be great to see the World Cup Qualifiers, Federation Shield, Euro Nations Cup, etc on TV...

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
That's what everyone wants, Fox and 9 are playing funny buggers with RL fans in Australia.

All these games being played and televised around the world, but NONE, and I mean NONE, gets shown to the Australian public.

Not even a mention of the scores, video highlights, the games taking place, nothing.

But if you have the Internet, you know a little.

It's criminal.

It's like they don't want people to know RL is played anywhere else, are they ashamed or something?

langpark

First Grade
colonel_123 said:
What I'd love to see is Foxsports picking up an international rugby league package from the RLIF.

It would be great to see the World Cup Qualifiers, Federation Shield, Euro Nations Cup, etc on TV...
yea i meant that too, I so wanna see the Fed Shield but I won't be holding my breath.

MRLA

Juniors
It's on cable television.

Cable television subscriptions in Malta total approximately 125,000. The entire population of Malta is only 400,000 - so that's a fair segment.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
MRLA,

has it been the Maltese Rugby League that has informed maltese media officials of the NRL finals, and consequently picking it up?

If so, you guys deserve the biggest congratulations.

MRLA

Juniors
No need for congratulations, the feed can simply be picked up by anyone who has a cable television subscription in Malta, not to mention the remainder of a massive number of non-registered (illegal, but the norm) cable television subscriptions across the Maltese Islands.

I simply felt I should highlight the upcoming matches with a press release that the Maltese print media have all taken on board.

Through these feeds, the Maltese have access to view any matches displayed in the following link.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,621-1001857,00.html

Kurt Angle

First Grade
No, I mean Maltese pay TV wouldn't of just run a random google search to see "well we need to find a sport to put on next sunday night.. let's see what Australia has this time of year".

Some party has informed them about a sporting contest, and if it's you lot.. well done.