What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tweaks to the NQ logo

beave

Coach
Offseason topic and all............. A few of us over at the stampede site were discussing what version of our horns logo was better (the old yellow oval or the current star) and someone put forward a logo that funnily enough orignated from bigfooty. Now with a few major tweaks this is what we are currently at. I personally have never liked our name (NQ Marlins is what we should have been called but that is for another thread) but it's what we are stuck with, but IMO our logo has been in dire need of an upgrade for a while. I think this is actually pretty decent, would be interested to hear other people's opinions.

73cc44fd.jpg

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
It's got it all: yellow for the club's noted cowardice, white for the surrender flag, blue for the feelings of the fans after another failed season.

:D

Eels Dude

Coach
Only analogy I can think of is a midget with a 12 inch d**k, very out of proportion. But I don't know the old logo to compare it with.

beave

Coach
It's got it all: yellow for the club's noted cowardice, white for the surrender flag, blue for the feelings of the fans after another failed season.

Love it!!

You forgot "grey, for the colour of Beave's hair by the time these clowns ever win a GF"

Last edited:

Didgi

What's your opinion on our heritage jersey Beave ;-)

Personally I don't mind our current logo - whilst the clubs that are going back to old logos look pretty good, I prefer it to our old golden oval with horns logo that was being discussed on the Stampede. Would probably prefer the current one to that proposed one too, though it's certainly a decent option.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal

:lol:

But yeah Marlin's would have been a way better name, and the Titans should be the Stingrays. Obviously the public who voted for the Titans name are dumb merkins.

Charlie124

First Grade
I prefer the current logo to any we've had in our history (especially the one roofromoz posted). Im not against a logo change but i also dont see the great need for it either.

beave

Coach
What's your opinion on our heritage jersey Beave ;-)

Personally I don't mind our current logo - whilst the clubs that are going back to old logos look pretty good, I prefer it to our old golden oval with horns logo that was being discussed on the Stampede. Would probably prefer the current one to that proposed one too, though it's certainly a decent option.

Absolutley love our heritage jersey for 2012, i got a hard on at first sight of it.

The golden oval was used from 98-2001, before that is the one roofromoz posted where the text is quite 'full on', i know the club went away from that text because it was very expensive to embroid that writing and was taking away the profit margin from each item they sold so in 2002 they dropped the text and the oval and went to the star and horns with the western text. Why the star, I don't know. Sheriff badges are the 6 pointed variety so that 5 pointed one has me beat as to why it is considered 'western' (yes i know he Dallas Cowboys have a 5 pointed star)

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This will come across forum coppy no doubt but it's more of a tip beave - stick a question mark in your title is my advice.

Knobs on other forums have a propensity to use imagery from here thinking it's a real change.

Unless of course that was your intention, to have this logo spread and potentially commissioned into use :p.... in which case - move along, nothing to see here :sarcasm:

beave

Coach
This will come across forum coppy no doubt but it's more of a tip beave - stick a question mark in your title is my advice.

Knobs on other forums have a propensity to use imagery from here thinking it's a real change.

Unless of course that was your intention, to have this logo spread and potentially commissioned into use :p.... in which case - move along, nothing to see here :sarcasm:

You have seen through me like Grandma's underwear, my good man...................... :p

Loudstrat

Coach
Beats me why a club now has a uterus as an emblem!

That describes the Broncos away jersey you gronk.

sputneek

Juniors
I don't like it... Perhaps a less abstract version of a Cow for the logo. I prefer the current one, sorry.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Offseason topic and all............. A few of us over at the stampede site were discussing what version of our horns logo was better (the old yellow oval or the current star) and someone put forward a logo that funnily enough orignated from bigfooty. Now with a few major tweaks this is what we are currently at. I personally have never liked our name (NQ Marlins is what we should have been called but that is for another thread) but it's what we are stuck with, but IMO our logo has been in dire need of an upgrade for a while. I think this is actually pretty decent, would be interested to hear other people's opinions.

bc3ca52d.jpg

shriveled ballsack much?

Latest posts