What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twiggys with us

Draginzaaar

Bench
I am glad Saints gave a big sponsor but hydrogen can never be part of some genuine "renewable" future for some very basic reasons.
1. It is not an energy source. It is just a way of storing energy.
2. 98% of hydrogen is produced from hydrocarbon fuels, coal and gas mostly.
3. 30% of the energy in the hydrocarbons is lost in the process of making hydrogen
4. Bcs hydrogen is the smallest of all the elements, it is very difficult to store and transport. It has to be kept at very low temps and pressures which is not only energy expensive, it produces the Hydrogen Embrittlement problem where the metals for storing and transporting it develop cracks.

Obviously, Twiggy and his executives know all this, so what are they up to? How will they make money? Same way Musk does: taxpayer subsidies, different (preferential) rules for hydrogen vehicles compared with conventional vehicles, and selling carbon credits.

On the positive side, I hope he is a generous sponsor for our team.
Musk has said he wants all subsidies gone for both fossil fuels and renewable. He thinks he would still make money.

possm

Coach
With Gordon's retirement, I'd say now is the time if Twiggy wanted in. I'm sure he would have known about Gordon's plan to retire before coming to the Dragons.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Mate, Twiggy is just a sponsor. Settle down, nothing to see here except more of the same old same old.
It’ll be Flanno, Creagh and Lancaster if good changes happen
I tend to think you’re right.

Twiggy is focused on renewables And reduced carbon. Squadron is part of that solution, as is the move away from fossil burning trucks in mining and a whole range of other things. People can discuss the merits of it if they want, but that’s all non football related imho ( though as Ive stated beforehand I think it’s a hell of a lot better than other sponsors).

Twiggy is yet to show any real interest in rugby league itself. This may or may not happen, and for now we can hope, but that’s all. The discussions are all otherwise just hopes, comments and opinions. If he is to show real interest, we would have seen originally, or we will see next year or it will be a slow process. I hope the club tries to at least engage where he is invited to games and they try to build his interest and involvement.

Dragon David

First Grade
I tend to think you’re right.

Twiggy is focused on renewables And reduced carbon. Squadron is part of that solution, as is the move away from fossil burning trucks in mining and a whole range of other things. People can discuss the merits of it if they want, but that’s all non football related imho ( though as Ive stated beforehand I think it’s a hell of a lot better than other sponsors).

Twiggy is yet to show any real interest in rugby league itself. This may or may not happen, and for now we can hope, but that’s all. The discussions are all otherwise just hopes, comments and opinions. If he is to show real interest, we would have seen originally, or we will see next year or it will be a slow process. I hope the club tries to at least engage where he is invited to games and they try to build his interest and involvement.
The club won't want to share any of the caviar and champagne with Twiggy. They might give him a bottle of Crown Lager though.

The Dragons publicity people should ask the Board to contact Twiggy and ask him to pose in a Dragons Squad photo with the Squadron Energy trademark on the front of the Dragons jerseys.

That would be something at least.

RedVee

First Grade
The club won't want to share any of the caviar and champagne with Twiggy. They might give him a bottle of Crown Lager though.

The Dragons publicity people should ask the Board to contact Twiggy and ask him to pose in a Dragons Squad photo with the Squadron Energy trademark on the front of the Dragons jerseys.

That would be something at least.
Maybe we can extend the relationship and have the squad fitted out in RM Williams and Akubra’s

Jubilee

Juniors
Musk has said he wants all subsidies gone for both fossil fuels and renewable. He thinks he would still make money.
Broadly speaking, there are no subsidies for hydrocarbons. In fact, it is logically impossible, like claiming we can lift ourselves up into the air by pulling up on our ankles. Hydrocarbons are the base of the economic pyramid. Everything else in our world sits on top of hydrocarbons. Not vice versa.