What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two or three new signings likely.

EWS

Juniors
Meredith is a lot like Manu, except younger.

I wouldnt mind Stapleton, Donnelly or Fenney. All those players sound good.

super_coach

First Grade
noyce reckons 2 or 3 signings in the next few weeks--will their be anyone worth signing--we missed the boat on everyone else---soon as you read a thread that player is rumoured to be talking to the tigers,the next day he signs for another mob--surley with sats, mickey b.dazer.mears and a few others going to pasture,the caps not the problem--theirs got to be somthing wrong with the joint--when we cant attract quality players,when most other clubs dont seem to have that problem---is it the front office or is it sheens---but to be honest--i dont think their are any players out their now--who are better than what we have---the good ones are already goooooooooone

Wrighty79

Juniors
super_coach said:
noyce reckons 2 or 3 signings in the next few weeks--will their be anyone worth signing--we missed the boat on everyone else---soon as you read a thread that player is rumoured to be talking to the tigers,the next day he signs for another mob--surley with sats, mickey b.dazer.mears and a few others going to pasture,the caps not the problem--theirs got to be somthing wrong with the joint--when we cant attract quality players,when most other clubs dont seem to have that problem---is it the front office or is it sheens---but to be honest--i dont think their are any players out their now--who are better than what we have---the good ones are already goooooooooone

Honestly, the only quality players that were around were Kite and Riddell, and to a lesser extent Price (Kennedy and Wiki are too old, and our young guys will be better than these 2 IMHO). Cause let's face it we only need forwards, and there wasn't much available.

Blocker Shaw

Juniors
you're joking wrighty right?

the only players that we really needed was wiki and price. and if the warriors didnt make huge offers for both of them we might have got one.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Blocker Shaw said:
you're joking wrighty right?

the only players that we really needed was wiki and price. and if the warriors didnt make huge offers for both of them we might have got one.

Wrighty right :lol: :lol: I like it! Mate it's just my opinion, I liken it back to the days in the late 90's when Balmain went all out to get Nik Kosef, and use him as a 5/8. They offered him, like $600K a year (figures?) and he turned us down.

Next season 7 games in he tears his knee to shreds, and never plays again. It's the risk you take in buying an older player, and from memory Kosef was 28/29... Price is now 31, and Wiki is about 30??? Too old IMHO. It could turn out that I'm wrong, but it's one of those... "Time will tell" things.

hemeroid

Juniors
Wrighty your post is correct in a way. The risk of just say throwing big money at players who arent worth it is, if they get injured uve just wasted a proportion of your salary cap for someone to sit on the sidelines. (EG - Newcastle)

HOT028

Juniors
tiger he is talking about liking coloured women and i said yes but will take any women that comes along.