What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two ways to possibly solve the video ref problem

KiamaSaint

Coach
I'll give two serious suggestions (given that "shoot them all" unlikely to help):

1. On-field referee makes an initial call and announces it. Video is just to overrule a clear mistake by the on-field referee (i.e. any doubt = on field decision stands).

That is the way it should be. On field ref makes a call and that's the call unless the video ref can deem otherwise (although that wouldn't have changed the Foran incident) and I am all for the Captain challenge, one per half but it does not count if the decision is overturned as in other sports (again it would have made no difference last night).

I like Timmah's idea of a 10m scrum to the attacking side as opposed to BOTD.

Didgi

I'll give two serious suggestions (given that "shoot them all" unlikely to help):

1. On-field referee makes an initial call and announces it. Video is just to overrule a clear mistake by the on-field referee (i.e. any doubt = on field decision stands).

I suggested the same thing yesterday, didn't see this post. Agreed.

Latest posts