What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typical Pommies

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
this talk has been around for a while

the pomms and Indians make a motza out of this sort of thing, but I don't think its in the best interests of cricket

how many forms of the game do we need, when most other sports only have one form

look at what has happaned to Rugby 7s, all thier teams are second and third string teams now and not attended or viewed by the large audiences that they originally had

Rustay

Juniors
Yeah, i wouldn't like to see a world cup version of the game. One off games as a bit of fun are fine, but a world cup would be a joke. Like to know where they would fit it in...

TheParraboy

Staff member
England are set to raise the possibility of the ICC staging a Twenty20 World Cup in the light of the Indian board's recent suggestions that the existing biannual Champions Trophy be ditched.

I actually dont mind if this happens

The world cup every 4 years is the pinnacle event of the one day game and will never be replaced (well not for a very long time). This ICC Champions trophy is a waste of space imo.

TheParraboy

Staff member
ozbash said:
This ICC Champions trophy is a waste of space imo.

lol, why ?

I thought I said it,

world cup is every 4 yrs, why have a similar one every 2 ?

choc_soldier

Coach
ozbash said:
This ICC Champions trophy is a waste of space imo.

lol, why ?

Nothing but a blatant money spinning tool. But I guess you like it as it's given the Black Caps one piece of major cricketing silverware... ;)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Which Pommy genius came up with the idea of shortening the 50 over game down to 20 overs anyway? Jeez, he must have spent years thinking that one up.

It took about 35 years to get from 50 to 20, but don't worry about racking your brains people, because I've thought ahead for us all. We can have a 5/5 world cup! Me and my brother play 5 overs each in the backyard all the time. Trust me, it's great.

sanjane

Juniors
I think it's a great idea...

20/20 is the MOST ENTERTAINING form of cricket...

should always start a tour with it, and then have a 2020 WC every two years...

Brilliant!

With England just 11 months away from surrendering the Ashes they are looking for some other trophy of any note to replace them on the mantle piece. World Cup is out so why not a pukka World Cup of 20/20 since they play more of that than anyone.