What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Signs

rasaint

Juniors
Yes I notice that Gould went off in the commentary during the usual talking up the other team when we play. I saw the tackle as the big bopper pushed forward Tyrell tackled him around the legs. One arm around the hips the other knee. Then Johns went on a rant saying ‘all teams do it and I’m not picking on the dragons blah blah, demanding only two players should be allowed in a tackle?.... Did I misinterpret anything?

Now our player gets grade 2 whilst others grade 1. The big booper went off but played later in game. Make of it what you will.

True_Believer

Juniors
Yes it was that tackle T.B. , if it was late it was only just , but I certainly would not put it in the - ‘ 3rd man in ‘ category. Same as when McInnis was penalized , that was purely accidental , no intent upon Cams part however the Eels received a penalty for that .

Wow! I watched the Fox telecast and nothing was said at all at the time. Just the weight of the player on the ankle which they said happens all the time. Nothing about being late or dangerous at all. And wasn't penalised at the time.

So are they considering it dangerous because there were 3 in the tackle and he had to go for the legs to get him on the ground?

Honestly, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If Ryan Hall can get away with that bullshit on Lomax the previous week, then TF can get off this week.

Dragon David

First Grade
Really? Surely it wasn't the one when our tacklers couldn't stop Paulo's momentum and couldn't put him on the ground? It needed a legs tackle, which Tyrell did.
This is an effin joke. Paulo was so hard to stop because as we all know is a big guy. He was still walking and the two Dragons players on top could not stop his momentum and Tyrell went down and wrapped his arms around his legs So the moral of the story is if you have a two ton whopper running at you, just tackle him around the legs and hope his knees don't knock you out or tackle high and hope he doesn't walk you to the try line.

Lots of other players have been doing it. Bloody Andrew Johns after the match last night was very critical of the tackle and in his words "I'm just saying, it is dangerous..." so the result of course is the judiciary charge.

I certainly will be looking at some of the remaining games tonight to see who else could be charged.

True_Believer

Juniors
This is an effin joke. Paulo was so hard to stop because as we all know is a big guy. He was still walking and the two Dragons players on top could not stop his momentum and Tyrell went down and wrapped his arms around his legs So the moral of the story is if you have a two ton whopper running at you, just tackle him around the legs and hope his knees don't knock you out or tackle high and hope he doesn't walk you to the try line.

Lots of other players have been doing it. Bloody Andrew Johns after the match last night was very critical of the tackle and in his words "I'm just saying, it is dangerous..." so the result of course is the judiciary charge.

I certainly will be looking at some of the remaining games tonight to see who else could be charged.

You would seriously expect multiple citations every game. This happens all the time. Trust us to get singled out for something so innocuous.

I also saw Clune touch the ref at one point. Was half expecting him to get charged as well.

Dragon David

First Grade
You would seriously expect multiple citations every game. This happens all the time. Trust us to get singled out for something so innocuous.

I also saw Clune touch the ref at one point. Was half expecting him to get charged as well.
They just love doing this to our club. No use going over the past "indiscretions' that some of our players were suspended for. The other players from other teams who have gotten away I think is due to the player who was tackled didn't get injured.

The touching of the ref nowadays is becoming commonplace and if Clune was charged, well no colourful expression would be sufficient to denounce it.

boardlumps62

Juniors
When I heard about this I'm think don't remember him being penalized during the game. I have watched the game just now he tried to tackle Paulo around the hips and thighs slide down and Paulo's ankle was caught under his body. Are they seriously trying to call that a dangerous tackle. Like McGuiness catching Ferguson across the face with a hand slap honestly what is this game coming to.

Gareth67

First Grade
Come on now gents , we have always been the dirtiest team in the competition for many years now ( :flushed: ) so they were bound to crack down upon those big bad Dragon bully boys sooner or later .

Reactions: jak

rasaint

Juniors
Watching a few other games or parts of games and plenty of 3 man tackles around legs. I hope the club fight this one. Expecting to see a heap of citing by rounds end. My other post showed a thigh high tackle slipping to the knees and Paulo rolling an ankle. Good grief.

Also saw the Proctor send off; that was a laughable send off. Most of these biting things come from the ball carrier ( the biter) getting a chock type foreman face workout in the tackle and the biter nipping them in retaliation. Proctor copping a face chock from Johnson and the vision I saw was a tame nip if it happened. Good grief.

Spazer

Juniors
That's very unlucky since he'll probably miss a game for doing the right thing in stopping Paulo's post contact metres. It's just unfortunate that he landed in an awkward position.

getsmarty

Immortal
fuimaono-200814_gt_2.jpg

JUDICIARY

Fuimaono books Tuesday night date with judiciary
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 16 Aug 2020, 03:06 PM

St George Illawarra forward Tyrell Fuimaono will seek a downgrade at the NRL judiciary on Tuesday night.

Fuimaono was charged with a grade two dangerous contact offence on Parramatta prop Junior Paulo midway through the first half of the Dragons' 14-12 win over the Eels on Friday night.

The Indigenous All Stars representative will be available to play the Brisbane Broncos in Round 15 if the sought downgrade is successful.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/16/fuimaono-books-tuesday-night-date-with-judiciary/

possm

Coach
Fuimaono, Host, Merrin, and Pereira are all good backup players who are first-grade ready for times when needed to replace players who are not available. These are good depth players but unfortunately, they may block the path of our gun juniors coming through.

A forward pack of:
Vaughan
Hunt
Pangai Jr
T Sims
New player
McInnes

Kerr
Ellis

Blacker
Ford / De Belin

Sould be competitive in 2021

redv13

Bench
Fuimaono, Host, Merrin, and Pereira are all good backup players who are first-grade ready for times when needed to replace players who are not available. These are good depth players but unfortunately, they may block the path of our gun juniors coming through.

A forward pack of:
Vaughan
Hunt
Pangai Jr
T Sims
New player
McInnes

Kerr
Ellis

Blacker
Ford / De Belin

Sould be competitive in 2021
Pangai Jr is a f**king flog who DOES NOT deserve to wear the red V. No way Jose. Absolutely pass on him

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts