What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Me too. He Sullivan and Amone.. the three amigos. I have followed the Dragons for 50 years and have seen many players wear the Red V. Only a small minority excited me. These three do. They have a magic rapport which comes from playing a lot of junior footy together. They have great awareness, speed, creativity and can all defend. They will form the nucleus of our spine for years to come.. barring serious injury
As Gus says all the top teams have players that have played together for years. These blokes have. Get them all combining and a couple of years of experience + physical conditioning and we will have an exciting side on our hands.

blacksafake

First Grade
As Gus says all the top teams have players that have played together for years. These blokes have. Get them all combining and a couple of years of experience + physical conditioning and we will have an exciting side on our hands.
Agree
Like I’ve said before, us supporters need to be patient as there will be plenty of ups and downs while they find their feet.

denis preston

First Grade
It's interesting watching their defence . It's not bad, the only issue is they can make the tackle but their young bodies get pushed off a bit. 6 months in the gym will help that enormously but full growth won't happen until 2023/ 24 so as well as they have done patience is required. That's why the Mbye signing is good. he can cover all their positions whilst they have stints in Ressies or a spell generally when the rigors of week in week out NRL takes it's toll, and it will.

thebigredv

First Grade

rasaint

Juniors
Here we go again. 13 kg is a lot of weight. A huge advantage to Sloan is high end speed. I hope the weight gain is largely natural at the end of his body development from teen to maturity. I have seen players lose dash with too much weight; even Dugan ( never that fast but pumped up in his second Dragons season and looked pedestrian) comes to mind

Here we go again. 13 kg is a lot of weight. A huge advantage to Sloan is high end speed. I hope the weight gain is largely natural at the end of his body development from teen to maturity. I have seen players lose dash with too much weight; even Dugan ( never that fast but pumped up in his second Dragons season and looked pedestrian) comes to mind
The 13kg is since last pre season though. You’d assume half that weight gain was already there when he was flying end of last season.

Dragon David

First Grade
Here we go again. 13 kg is a lot of weight. A huge advantage to Sloan is high end speed. I hope the weight gain is largely natural at the end of his body development from teen to maturity. I have seen players lose dash with too much weight; even Dugan ( never that fast but pumped up in his second Dragons season and looked pedestrian) comes to mind.
His weight in Wikipedia is 84kg and now he is 88kg and he wants to put on a further 2kg to get to 90kg. Unless this is pure muscle, he might slow down a bit. Jayden Campbell of the Titans is only 80kg and he gets around quite good in both attack and defence. The Warriors' Reece Walsh is 88kg and gets around really well.

I'm thinking that at 90kg, Tyrell will feel much better in himself to withstand the rigours of being a full-time fullback. I read that Hook wants him doing much more in defence so that weight gain will help him.

stgeorge1

Juniors
His weight in Wikipedia is 84kg and now he is 88kg and he wants to put on a further 2kg to get to 90kg. Unless this is pure muscle, he might slow down a bit. Jayden Campbell of the Titans is only 80kg and he gets around quite good in both attack and defence. The Warriors' Reece Walsh is 88kg and gets around really well.

I'm thinking that at 90kg, Tyrell will feel much better in himself to withstand the rigours of being a full-time fullback. I read that Hook wants him doing much more in defence so that weight gain will help him.
He will get quicker