What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Das Hassler

Bench
I'll be surprised if Nathan extends too far beyond his current deal ...it's only a matter of time before life in the ( likely future) mini dramas nepean fishbowl becomes too claustrophobic and he has the delights of greater personal wealth and life with a harbour view put to him by Uncle Nick and Freddie over lunch at Doyles and Teddy during SOO camp...he's ticked the (winning a comp with dad and his mates) boxes ..it's only a matter of time before he's seduced away and the May axing back and forth won't help to prevent it happening.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors
I'll be surprised if Nathan extends too far beyond his current deal ...it's only a matter of time before life in the ( likely future) mini dramas nepean fishbowl becomes too claustrophobic and he has the delights of greater personal wealth and life with a harbour view put to him by Uncle Nick and Freddie over lunch as Doyles and Teddy during SOO camp...he's ticked the winning a comp with dad and his mates boxes ..it's only a matter of time before he's seduced away and the May axing back and forth won't have helped to prevent it happening.
That depends. If Ivan is still involved in the club, I can imagine that Nathan will be too.

murraymob

Coach
Yeah I amended my post, but there’s a lot of good stories about him. A Colyton boy, really tough streets back in the day. None of this fake self description. They had to be able to handle themselves physically because the fracas was always on. Way of life for young lads. All my Panther friends from the day were and are still tough.

Thankfully, the world has moved on.

Wally Lewis is another guy who frequently uses his fame and celebrity to help others.
On urgent request of family, Wally has even turned up to meet people dying in their homes. Also soft and kind hearted.
Lots of good stories out there.
He is a mt druitt boy another of our 2770 crew

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'll be surprised if Nathan extends too far beyond his current deal ...it's only a matter of time before life in the ( likely future) mini dramas nepean fishbowl becomes too claustrophobic and he has the delights of greater personal wealth and life with a harbour view put to him by Uncle Nick and Freddie over lunch as Doyles and Teddy during SOO camp...he's ticked the winning a comp with dad and his mates boxes ..it's only a matter of time before he's seduced away and the May axing back and forth won't have helped to prevent it happening.

You know what Das.....None of us know what the future holds. No-one.

I do get more than a little amused when fans of opposition clubs come in and begin 'to stir the pot' so to speak.

Cleary father and son may chose to spend the rest of their playing & coaching days here at Penrith.

Or they may not.

As a Penrith Panther supporter personally I just enjoy watching Nathan run round in Penrith's colours. Also seeing his father coach.

Das I hope you're team is doing as well as Penrith. But somehow I think not. What is it 10 years and counting without finals.

Or is it the joy of living and breathing in the transit lounge.

Or once again watching as your old coach poaches you're next brightest things.

I care not a jot. 🥱

I'm just enjoying seeing my footy team being premiers.

I think they are trying to create a dynasty around a core group and fill in the gaps with extras. It’s a tricky business, but they are well placed.

They will make good and bad calls along the way.

It was said here earlier that May was on the bumpy side of the outer edges of core group, lacking the glittering talent to be of inner circle. So his exit whilst annoying is a long way from catastrophic. To his credit, before the recent trouble, I understand he was going to sign for about $80k-$100k under nrl average, so from that perspective, I thought he represented a handsome profit.

Maybe that financial sacrifice he was making, gave him a false sense of security of tenure. I don’t know.

Given the drama, I don’t think any nrl club would go near him. I don’t think he can get a visa. Even if he can play footy ( which he can).

My own view is that It would be quite disrespectful to the Panthers for any other club to offer him an opportunity. They did their best for him.

The other risk they faced is further outbursts.

He could still speak out but that would just justify their decision. Hopefully he goes quietly.

I said it before, I think he can reform and turn things around on a personal level. I think he can have a more productive, constructive and happier life away from the game.

I hope he does.

He grew up in letheidge park
Nah, disagree. I might give you Whalan as a compromise, but not Letho. Matt was a player too. If we still lived under the laws of England, MG with an Order of Australia, we’d be calling him Sir Mark Geyer, a knight of the realm!

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
I think they are trying to create a dynasty around a core group and fill in the gaps with extras. It’s a tricky business, but they are well placed.

They will make good and bad calls along the way.

It was said here earlier that May was on the bumpy side of the outer edges of core group, lacking the glittering talent to be of inner circle. So his exit whilst annoying is a long way from catastrophic. To his credit, before the recent trouble, I understand he was going to sign for about $80k-$100k under nrl average, so from that perspective, I thought he represented a handsome profit.

Maybe that financial sacrifice he was making, gave him a false sense of security of tenure. I don’t know.

Given the drama, I don’t think any nrl club would go near him. I don’t think he can get a visa. Even if he can play footy ( which he can).

It would be quite disrespectful to the Panthers for any other club to offer him an opportunity.

I said it before, I think he can reform and turn things around on a personal level. I think he can have a more productive, constructive and happier life away from the game. I hope he does.

Nah, disagree. I might give you Whalan as a compromise, but not Letho. Matt was a player too. If we still lived under the laws of England, MG with an Order of Australia, we’d be calling him Sir Mark Geyer, a knight of the realm!
You do know Whalen is in mt druitt

You do know Whalen is in mt druitt
It’s not Letho as you said. I’m trying to be friendly and get away from May.

But @Das Hassler is one of a number of Tiger buddies visiting here I’m trying to help through this trauma.

I don’t want them wandering around here without a trusted companion. Someone who knows the ropes. A friend and tigers family member. It’s too dangerous.

Arise Sir Mobby Mobster, knight of the bus, chill.

Last edited:
Kent when in the right mindset writes a good article.

I think he said it well.
I agree with most of it, but I don’t that we need someone sitting between the players and their fans. Look, Kent is old school print media and so has that perspective. But I still think it is in the clubs best interest for this direct communication with fans; it builds the brand and reduces the ability for the narrative to be influenced by the mainstream press.

Sure, players should be educated to consider the patchwork of interactions between the fans they are reaching out to and creating, the sponsors and the mainstream media (and that is a patchwork hard enough to navigate if you were a communications expert, let alone a young adult who has had a few to drink) but the people they are communicating with are the future of our club.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I agree with most of it, but I don’t that we need someone sitting between the players and their fans. Look, Kent is old school print media and so has that perspective. But I still think it is in the clubs best interest for this direct communication with fans; it builds the brand and reduces the ability for the narrative to be influenced by the mainstream press.

Sure, players should be educated to consider the patchwork of interactions between the fans they are reaching out to and creating, the sponsors and the mainstream media (and that is a patchwork hard enough to navigate if you were a communications expert, let alone a young adult who has had a few to drink) but the people they are communicating with are the future of our club.

I can understand where you're comming from:

Problem is many of the players are yet to grasp the idea of how far their social media presence is, until it's too late. Especially when you've had a couple of drinks.

Personally I'd like to see a person moderating their pages......as an in between. Like what happens when you post comments to a newspaper article.

I can only see this as having upsides.

(Disclaimer) I'm speaking as an older lady:mod 60's, and my way of thinking may be outdated). Like body guards for their social media accounts.

The May situation has been resolved. Time to move on from our clubs perspective and we hope is doesn’t have a destabilising impact on our playing group. Time will tell I guess.
Im bored with it all already killer,

B84698BF-A42B-4779-BFD0-EF43DA8E161D.jpeg
Now everything is sorted, I say we steal the Tesla, grab the girls (Janet and Alice) and do burnouts along station street.

Get Api into his Tigers Jersey in the passenger seat holding out the broken trophy in a pram alongside the car.

Rev the car up in front of the cop station and general ya-hooing, hit the Panthers and dress the beasts up in Tigers jerseys.

Mob can take on the massive security for us. The ones that can throw Yeo onto the street with their pinkies.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors
Im bored with it all already killer,

View attachment 55736
Now everything is sorted, I say we steal the Tesla, grab the girls (Janet and Alice) and do burnouts along station street.

Get Api into his Tigers Jersey in the passenger seat holding out the broken trophy in a pram alongside the car.

Rev the car up in front of the cop station and general ya-hooing, hit the Panthers and dress the beasts up in Tigers jerseys.

Mob can take on the massive security for us. The ones that can throw Yeo onto the street with their pinkies.
Janet! Who is she?

The_Frog

First Grade
d his current deal ...it's only a matter of time before life in the ( likely future) mini dramas nepean fishbowl becomes too claustrophobic and he has the delights of greater personal wealth and life with a harbour view put to him by Uncle Nick and Freddie over lunch at Doyles and Teddy during SOO camp...he's ticked the (winning a comp with dad and his mates) boxes ..it's only a matter of time before he's seduced away and the May axing back and forth won't help to prevent it happening.
What a post like this acknowledges is that Nathan Cleary is now a giant of the game with very few equals. Previously we were seeing trolls saying he couldn't handle big game pressure and was a choker. Trolls need to go beyond that now, the only thing left is the fear he might be lured away from the club.

Das Hassler

Bench
What a post like this acknowledges is that Nathan Cleary is now a giant of the game with very few equals. Previously we were seeing trolls saying he couldn't handle big game pressure and was a choker. Trolls need to go beyond that now, the only thing left is the fear he might be lured away from the club.

Get outside and get a bit of fresh air...you're breathing a bit too much of your own vapour

What a post like this acknowledges is that Nathan Cleary is now a giant of the game with very few equals. Previously we were seeing trolls saying he couldn't handle big game pressure and was a choker. Trolls need to go beyond that now, the only thing left is the fear he might be lured away from the club
Got U my bruvver, always dere for u.

Hurr Hurr!

Nate can play footy, absolute hero but hes a dumb merkin off the field.

i wouldn’t want him at the at the Tiges @Das Hassler he seems to me to be a bad influence.

Last edited: