What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone Roberts re-signs

Apey

Staff member
www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Roberts-resigns-until-2016/90676

Roberts re-signs until 2016

Wednesday 19 February 2014 9:01 AM

00115539-leadimage.jpg

Halfback Tyrone Roberts has re-signed for a further two years, keeping the 22-year old at the Newcastle Knights until season 2016.
Roberts, who has been in the Knights system since 2005, made his NRL debut in 2011 as a 19-year old and has since played 52 NRL games.
Roberts enjoyed a breakout season in 2013, playing in all 27 games, and more recently captained the Knights in a trial match against the First Nations Goannas.
“Tyrone is an outstanding young man and has a wonderful future ahead of him," coach Wayne Bennett said.
“It has been pleasing to see him grow in confidence and we are delighted he has re-signed with the Club.
"Tyrone is one of our key young players who will be a long-term player at the Newcastle Knights.”
Roberts is pleased to secure his future at the Knights.
"I have been at the Club for a while now and I'm really happy to re-sign for another two years.
"It's great to have this all sorted so I can concentrate on football and on working hard for the Club.
"I love playing for the Knights and I am now just looking forward to the season ahead."

DJShaksta

First Grade
Foxsports reporting Mullen out for 4 months.
Tore hamstring off the bone :(

Was hoping he and Carney would somehow get picked as Origin halves and we'd have a chance of winning a series.

mozza91

Coach
Foxsports reporting Mullen out for 4 months.
Tore hamstring off the bone :(

Was hoping he and Carney would somehow get picked as Origin halves and we'd have a chance of winning a series.

I was also hoping the Knights would have a chance of winning a game in the first 3 months.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Good news to have Tyrone re-sign. I can see him holding our number 7 jersey for quite a few years. He still has plenty to learn but he can be very solid for us and does a lot of those 1%ers that save our arse in cleaning up in defence.

perverse

Referee
At least there's some good news today. Tyrone is very talented and I'm stoked to retain him at the club.

Haffa

Great news. He's shown massive improvements in the areas of his game he was below par early in his career, which is a good sign of maturity and dedication.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
He's still very young and is clearly on the improve. TBO I'm not completely sold on Roberts as a player, but with more games it will give a clearer picture. With Mullen out for a while, it will give us all a good chance to see if he is a player that will take the game by the throat and lead the way (like all good halfbacks do). The Melbourne semi gave us a good insight into what he is capable of. Let's just hope he can produce that type of performance consistently in 2014.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Great news....just because he isnt a media darling like Pearce doent mean he isnt as good or wont be better. He's a former junior Kangaroo and has a huge future ahead of him, at the back end of last season his confidence just grew. I loved the one handed pick ups on the fly out of dummy half. A star in the making!!