What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U-19's defeat India, Hartley called into Aus a squad

Stuart

Juniors
India Under-19s innings (50 overs maximum) R M B 4 6
S Anirudha c Bird b Henriques 34 70 45 3 0
A Murtaza c Finch b Thompson 1 11 2 0 0
R Sharma c & b Darwen 16 40 28 1 1
*Ravikant Shukla st Gledhill b McNamara 33 52 44 2 2
AG Pradeep c Gledhill b Henriques 2 6 3 0 0
A Ghosh lbw b Skennar 33 84 67 3 0
P Chawla c & b Darwen 55 78 66 5 1
+P Shah c Cooper b Bird 18 28 28 0 0
VY Mahesh c & b Bird 1 8 5 0 0
A Nachim not out 9 9 6 1 0
P Ojha c Gledhill b Bird 1 6 6 0 0
Extras (b 2, lb 3, w 13, nb 9) 27
Total (all out, 48.3 overs, 205 mins) 230

FoW: 1-7 (Murtaza, 2.1 ov), 2-63 (Sharma, 10.2 ov),
3-80 (Anirudha, 13.2 ov), 4-86 (Pradeep, 15.1 ov),
5-115 (Ravikant Shukla, 21.6 ov), 6-178 (Ghosh, 37.6 ov),
7-209 (Chawla, 44.5 ov), 8-218 (Shah, 46.2 ov),
9-218 (Mahesh, 46.3 ov), 10-230 (Ojha, 48.3 ov).

Bowling O M R W
Thompson 4 0 23 1 (3w, 3nb)
Bird 6.3 0 30 3 (2nb)
Khawaja 1 0 12 0 (2nb)
Darwen 10 0 36 2
Henriques 5 0 39 2 (2w, 2nb)
Finch 9 0 29 0 (5w)
McNamara 6 0 22 1 (1nb)
Warner 2 0 14 0
Skennar 5 0 20 1 (1w)

Australia Under-19s innings (target: 231 runs from 50 overs) R M B 4 6
GI Skennar c & b Chawla 64 58 45 7 4
T Cooper c Mahesh b Chawla 62 85 57 8 2
AJ Finch c Murtaza b Sharma 4 20 14 1 0
D Warner not out 34 68 42 3 0
M Henriques c Ghosh b Mahesh 42 43 41 5 1
*U Khawaja not out 12 18 12 2 0
Extras (lb 3, w 6, nb 4) 13
Total (4 wickets, 34.3 overs, 150 mins) 231

DNB: +BGW Gledhill, T Stray, P Darwen, JJ Bird, J McNamara.

FoW: 1-118 (Skennar, 13.6 ov), 2-139 (Finch, 18.3 ov),
3-139 (Cooper, 19.3 ov), 4-205 (Henriques, 30.2 ov).

Bowling O M R W
Nachim 5 1 39 0
Mahesh 4.3 0 42 1 (4w, 3nb)
Murtaza 6 0 41 0 (2w)
Ojha 5 1 34 0 (1nb)
Chawla 7 0 37 2
Sharma 7 0 35 1

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/match/219820.html

Stuart

Juniors
Hartley replaces injured Haddin in Pakistan

Cricinfo staff

September 21, 2005

Seccombe leaves with more domestic dismissals than Healy, Grout or Tallon © Getty Images

Chris Hartley received a double dose of good news today when he was called up for the Australia A squad in Pakistan and Wade Seccombe, the Queensland wicketkeeper, announced his retirement. Knowing that timing is everything for a gloveman, Hartley will replace Brad Haddin, who broke a finger during the drawn match against Pakistan A this week, and return as the Bulls' first-choice for the summer.

Alex Kontouri, the team physiotherapist, said Haddin, Adam Gilchrist's understudy, suffered a clean break and is expected to miss the next six weeks. Hartley, the 23-year-old who has played six first-class games, departs for Pakistan tonight for the tour's three one-day match series, which starts at Lahore on Friday.

Seccombe retired this morning as Queensland's leading gloveman in first-class and one-day games, ahead of greats such as Ian Healy, Wally Grout and Don Tallon. Unable to satisfy his training and playing demands, Seccombe said his passion had gone after 13 summers.

"I gave myself the off-season and the pre-season to see how I was going and then I played our intra-squad matches in Rockhampton,'' he said. "I still love playing but I knew that the commitment I usually felt towards my preparation was lacking and I didn't want to cruise along and know that I wasn't challenging myself."

Seccombe, 33, said it was "the right time" to walk away, but unfortunately his final act in first-class cricket was to drop a chance low to his right off Nathan Bracken in the Pura Cup final last season. Two runs later New South Wales secured the trophy.

Damien Mullins, the Queensland Cricket chairman, said Seccombe was a wonderful performer for Queensland and his integrity, work ethic, professionalism and spirit exemplified "the Bulls' culture". "He will be sadly missed but the door will always be open for him to be involved in whatever capacity he chooses,'' Mullins said.

Seccombe was part of the 2001 Ashes tour and was also picked for the trip to Sri Lanka in 2004, but like Darren Berry, the long-term Victoria keeper, he never played a Test. He appeared in 115 first-class games, collected 537 dismissals, including 516 catches and 21 stumpings, and played in all five of Queensland's Pura Cup and Sheffield Shield victories.

Stuart

Juniors
Hartley is a really surprising choicee, i thought Ronchi and possibly even Crosthwaite would be ahead of him. Its an interesting decision.

JJ

Immortal
does Merv Hughes select that side too? Might explain the interesting selections...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Stuart said:
Hartley is a really surprising choicee, i thought Ronchi and possibly even Crosthwaite would be ahead of him. Its an interesting decision.

Crosthwaite unfortuately has not been consistent enough. He has too many Germait Jones' type of performances!

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Stuart said:
GI Skennar c & b Chawla 64 58 45 7 4
T Cooper c Mahesh b Chawla 62 85 57 8 2 NSW
AJ Finch c Murtaza b Sharma 4 20 14 1 0
D Warner not out 34 68 42 3 0 NSW
M Henriques c Ghosh b Mahesh 42 43 41 5 1 NSW
*U Khawaja not out 12 18 12 2 0 NSW
BGW Gledhill,
T Stray,
P Darwen, NSW
JJ Bird, NSW
J McNamara.

think nsw are going ok for the future

Scott

Bench
If Gilchrist got run over tomorrow, who would the keeper be in the Super Series?

Stuart

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Crosthwaite unfortuately has not been consistent enough. He has too many Germait Jones' type of performances!

His glovework is in the main excellent. He is young and does suffer the odd brain explosion, lack of concentration mistake (he's 21 i think), and probably does make a few to many right at the moment, but his technique is generally very good, unlike Geraint Jones.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Stuart said:
His glovework is in the main excellent. He is young and does suffer the odd brain explosion, lack of concentration mistake (he's 21 i think), and probably does make a few to many right at the moment, but his technique is generally very good, unlike Geraint Jones.

Yes he does have good technique, but from what I have seen and I have only seen 4 or so games of him, he makes blunders that are really not acceptable to test standards! He is young though and has time!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Scott said:
But he is gone for 6 weeks with a broken finkger!

For starters it depends if it is for a whole series. If it is for 1-2 matches, then Langer can do it. If it is for a series, I'd have a punt on Ronch or Croswaithe one of those two.

Stuart

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Yes he does have good technique, but from what I have seen and I have only seen 4 or so games of him, he makes blunders that are really not acceptable to test standards! He is young though and has time!

It shouldnt take him too long to iron those out though, unlike Geraint who you compared him to before he has good technique and with a little more experience will be a very good keeper IMO.

His batting isnt bad either, although he is yet to perform at FC level. Hartley has i suppose, if only a few times.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Stuart said:
It shouldnt take him too long to iron those out though, unlike Geraint who you compared him to before he has good technique and with a little more experience will be a very good keeper IMO.

His batting isnt bad either, although he is yet to perform at FC level. Hartley has i suppose, if only a few times.

I like Ronchi a bit more. I just feel he has more potential. It is not personal on Coswaithe but that is just my opinion!

Stuart

Juniors
Ronchi is good and if last season is anything to go by should be pushing for inclusion in the one day side in the next few years and would almost be a walkup selection for the 20/20 team, merely on his batting (big hitting) ability.

Personally i think our best test keeping prospect is Crosthwaite, he is younger than the other options (he is 21, Hartley 23, Ronchi 24), has lots of talent and should be in his prime as Haddin is getting ready to retire.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Stuart said:
Ronchi is good and if last season is anything to go by should be pushing for inclusion in the one day side in the next few years and would almost be a walkup selection for the 20/20 team, merely on his batting (big hitting) ability.

Personally i think our best test keeping prospect is Crosthwaite, he is younger than the other options (he is 21, Hartley 23, Ronchi 24), has lots of talent and should be in his prime as Haddin is getting ready to retire.

I just would like him to produce more with the bat as well. He has made some scores, but he is very inconsistent!

Stuart

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
I just would like him to produce more with the bat as well. He has made some scores, but he is very inconsistent!

Who are you talking about, Haddin, Crosthwaite, Ronchi or Hartley. IMO the last 3 need to improve their batting, Haddin's has been pretty good recently and if he can keep it up should be a quality Gillchrist replacement.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Croswaite is who I was talking about. Ronchi has got a few good scores and that remarkable hundred last year in the ING CUP. You are never going to replace Gilchrist becuase he averages 57 for crying out loud. He is one of the greats of the game. Croswaite and Ronchi are the best bets but Croswaite need to consistently be getting scores to be considered. Ronchi's keeping skills I beleive are fractionally better as well!

aussies1st

Staff member
Ronchi would be a perfect replacement for Gilly. Very similar players. Ronchi just needs to build on some of his scores. He gets 30 of 10 balls but then gets out. Thats what he needs to change.

Latest posts