What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U have got to read this

I was surfing the net when I came across this description of the Parramatta EEls. This guy is on drugs.

Parramatta Eels - The generics

Parramatta entered the League in 1947 and is potentially the Essendon of the NRL. It is based in the geographic centre of Sydney and has a huge supporter base.

Roy Morgan research

Parramatta Eels supporters are:

29% more likely than the average person to be aged 25-34;
18% more likely to say they are concerned about their cholesterol level;
32% more likely to say they often enter competitions run by newspapers, magazines and radio stations;
14% more likely to have painted their walls, ceilings or windowsills in the last 12 months.
Characteristics of the Parramatta region

Parramatta is the centre of Sydney in terms of geography, but not in terms of admiration. It lacks the beaches of the northern suburbs, the views of the eastern suburbs and the mountains of Penrith. It does have a river infested with eels and the occasional fish magnetised from pollution. Although this may be handy for fish eater who want to be an ironman, it isn't useful for status seekers wanting a sense of one-upmanship over their neighbours.

It days gone by, it used to have some magnificent colonial architecture but such buildings were demolished in favour of 70's style skyscrapers. Due to the lack of any real character, Parramatta is more of a place where people go to work rather than to live.

With no real regional diversity, the Parramatta Eels have somewhat of a generic, McDonalds style culture. Although it's supporters lack the passion of the Panthers and the Rabbitohs, they aren't fair-weather like those of the Roosters or Manly. On the positive side, McDonalds is ideal for mass consumption so the Eels have a huge supporter base.

This guy is calling us Mcdonalds what a fruit loop. The link was:
http://www.convictcreations.com/football/parramatta.htm

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Jake the snake said:
I was surfing the net when I came across this description of the Parramatta EEls. This guy is on drugs.

Parramatta Eels - The generics

Parramatta entered the League in 1947 and is potentially the Essendon of the NRL. It is based in the geographic centre of Sydney and has a huge supporter base.

Roy Morgan research

Parramatta Eels supporters are:

29% more likely than the average person to be aged 25-34;
18% more likely to say they are concerned about their cholesterol level;
32% more likely to say they often enter competitions run by newspapers, magazines and radio stations;
14% more likely to have painted their walls, ceilings or windowsills in the last 12 months.
Characteristics of the Parramatta region

Parramatta is the centre of Sydney in terms of geography, but not in terms of admiration. It lacks the beaches of the northern suburbs, the views of the eastern suburbs and the mountains of Penrith. It does have a river infested with eels and the occasional fish magnetised from pollution. Although this may be handy for fish eater who want to be an ironman, it isn't useful for status seekers wanting a sense of one-upmanship over their neighbours.

It days gone by, it used to have some magnificent colonial architecture but such buildings were demolished in favour of 70's style skyscrapers. Due to the lack of any real character, Parramatta is more of a place where people go to work rather than to live.

With no real regional diversity, the Parramatta Eels have somewhat of a generic, McDonalds style culture. Although it's supporters lack the passion of the Panthers and the Rabbitohs, they aren't fair-weather like those of the Roosters or Manly. On the positive side, McDonalds is ideal for mass consumption so the Eels have a huge supporter base.

This guy is calling us Mcdonalds what a fruit loop. The link was:
http://www.convictcreations.com/football/parramatta.htm

I can't believe what i just read!

Although it's supporters lack the passion of the Panthers and the Rabbitohs

Parra supporters are probably the most passionate....Penrith fans couldn't give a shit about there side...it's more a hang out for pregnant 15 year old's!!

half

Coach
hahaha look at the other teams on the site

Penrith Panthers supporters are:
43% more likely than the average person to say it is important to look fashionable

it's some fun reading actually. just don't take it too seriously

Misty Bee

First Grade
The stats were taken off a large survey done a while ago on football supporters and a range of characteristics. My fave came from that surve re the Broncos, who are 64% morelikeley to have left school before the end of year 10 than the average Australian!

take it as tongue in cheek, some of it is very good.

BTW, the author has an AFL preference.

Latest posts