What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U20's V Cowboys (Qualifying Final)

Payne has been playing first grade in the Illawarra before he even played with the under 20's the same as Field in group 7 with Shellharbour.

I tend to find the young guys who play in a comp which imo is one of the toughest in country NSW shows they learn alot faster what it takes to play against men.

You are right emu Payne steadies the ship and field can do whatever he likes and the way he has played this year shows he isn't afraid to take risks.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
One thing that was noticeable, Robson sure can throw a nice pass out of dummy half. the more i see of this kid the more impressed i get
Also like to give Payne a wrap, doesn't get the accolades but complements Field beautifully
There's a lesson there for the first grade coach
Wait did somebody spot a first grade coach near the St George club? Wait oops no sorry that was a UFO they saw or a pink elephant flying down to Melbourne.

Hopefully Payne doesn't end up the same way Shannon Crook did.

He should be moved along into the NSW Cup next year to inhance his development.

The club is screaming out for a 7 and he could fit the bill with time.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Hopefully Payne doesn't end up the same way Shannon Crook did.

He should be moved along into the NSW Cup next year to inhance his development.

The club is screaming out for a 7 and he could fit the bill with time.

He is a good player and your correct let him play a year in cutters and build him up

Sigurd

Juniors
One thing that was noticeable, Robson sure can throw a nice pass out of dummy half. the more i see of this kid the more impressed i get
Also like to give Payne a wrap, doesn't get the accolades but complements Field beautifully
There's a lesson there for the first grade coach
Unfortunately I didn't see the game and can't find it to download but Gaz was speaking very highly of Field. How are his ball skills? Thurston has probably spent at least 100s of hours in the gym and he is still quite small. If Field is running 5/8 he probably won't make it in first grade.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
We should sign up Field quickly and tell Barrett to piss off. We have the money to tie up all our juniors and should do so prpnto

Sigurd

Juniors
We should sign up Field quickly and tell Barrett to piss off. We have the money to tie up all our juniors and should do so prpnto
And we should also be looking to raid Manly's juniors. With the bloated contracts of DCE, Tapou, Walker and with B. Stewart still on the books and the need to spend big money to keep the Trabojvic's, thier salary cap position must extremely tight.

mobels

Juniors
And we should also be looking to raid Manly's juniors. With the bloated contracts of DCE, Tapou, Walker and with B. Stewart still on the books and the need to spend big money to keep the Trabojvic's, thier salary cap position must extremely tight.
Manly's juniors are shiet besides the Turbo brothers, they've been the Newcastle of the U/20's and NSW Cup this year.

BennyV

Referee
If there's 1 guy in that team who is going to have a big first grade career, it's Patty Herbert. Thompson has size, Field has pace, but this bloke just oozes class. Everything he does looks a level above most others on the field. Can't wait for him to make the next few steps up.

I really like Field, but more so I think the combo of him and Payne works really well together. They definitely compliment each other and though Payne also looks about 4kg, he controls the game well. Unfortunately, it's really difficult to bring 2 youngsters through to first grade together, no matter how good they are (see Brookes and Moses and the difficulty they are having). Still, I hope they get every opportunity to make it as far as they can.

BrissyRedV

Bench
If there's 1 guy in that team who is going to have a big first grade career, it's Patty Herbert. Thompson has size, Field has pace, but this bloke just oozes class. Everything he does looks a level above most others on the field. Can't wait for him to make the next few steps up.

I really like Field, but more so I think the combo of him and Payne works really well together. They definitely compliment each other and though Payne also looks about 4kg, he controls the game well. Unfortunately, it's really difficult to bring 2 youngsters through to first grade together, no matter how good they are (see Brookes and Moses and the difficulty they are having). Still, I hope they get every opportunity to make it as far as they can.
A lot of class in that 20s side. Agree Patty Herbert is the most likely to succeed in first grade. Rueben Garrick is an excellent winger as well who I wouldn't be surprised to see make the jump in a few years.

BennyV

Referee
A lot of class in that 20s side. Agree Patty Herbert is the most likely to succeed in first grade. Rueben Garrick is an excellent winger as well who I wouldn't be surprised to see make the jump in a few years.
Garrick is HUGELY rated. He's more suited to a centre but with 2 more years in NYC and with Thompson and Herbert graduating he'll now get his shot. Really excited to see him come through.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Garrick is HUGELY rated. He's more suited to a centre but with 2 more years in NYC and with Thompson and Herbert graduating he'll now get his shot. Really excited to see him come through.
It is a salivating thought the backline we could have by 2020 if some of these young ones reach their potential and the club sorts out the 1st grade coaching issues.

Sigurd

Juniors
I was able to get a copy of the U20s game. Ut will be here for 24 hours if anyone wants it:
https://mega.nz/#!LMgHmIaD!Y7-hkluVq0BiGGe8DpIWRAAQHLY5-zwtw7UF5OHAXs0
The outside backs and Field and both hookers (starting and interchange) are really good. Made Cowboys highly thought of fullback look average. After watching that suddenly I'm more optimistic. Juniors are strong in precisely where the NRL team is weakest.
Genius, supercoach McGregor had better not partner Field with Widdop! When (not "if" but "when") things go bad Field will get the blame and it will ruin his confidence. Izzac Thompson needs to watch his weight. He will be far better as an outside back than a forward. Herbert and Dufty are ready to go in first grade next year. Dufty has ball skills on top of his running game. Could be a superstar. I can't see any reason why Souffs NSW Cup hooker will start ahead of either of those hookers next year.

Latest posts