What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2009/10

Bulldog Force

Referee
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2009/2010

champs_banner.jpg

Group Stage Results: Groups A-D

22123413.jpg

Ridders

Coach
Keeper for the Zurich had a shocker. Should have stopped both of Ronaldo's free kicks from being goals. The second "effort" in particular was a pearler.

Ridders

Coach
Still relying on Pipo Inzaghi to bang in the goals. Says alot about where Milan are atm.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm still not convinced that Casillas will ever find his 2008 form again. After his shocker last season, I still think that Valdes is the best keeper in the La Liga at the moment. Even with Ronaldo on deck to help with their attack, the defence at Madrid is still very loose.

Ridders

Coach
What was wrong with Casillas? That penalty that Zurich got for their first goal was a shocker, a very Eduardo-esque performance by the Zurich player who went down.

Bulldog Force

Referee
What was wrong with Casillas? That penalty that Zurich got for their first goal was a shocker, a very Eduardo-esque performance by the Zurich player who went down.
Just the feeling I get is all. I'm still not convinced that he'll be any better this season. This mind you was against Zurich. Put him up against a heavyweight like Juve, Milan or Man U, and I get the feeling that he'll just crumble.

On a different note, Raul seemed a little too excited after Ronaldo's first goal here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0u7Td935TQ

:lol:

Ridders

Coach
Just the feeling I get is all. I'm still not convinced that he'll be any better this season. This mind you was against Zurich. Put him up against a heavyweight like Juve, Milan or Man U, and I get the feeling that he'll just crumble.

I still fail to see what he did wrong against Zurich? He was absolutely dudded by the ref for the first goal. Valdes still has along way to go if he wants to be considered in the same class as Casillas.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I still fail to see what he did wrong against Zurich? He was absolutely dudded by the ref for the first goal. Valdes still has along way to go if he wants to be considered in the same class as Casillas.
I meant the second goal - he looked like a statue. But on comparisons, Valdes was unstoppable last year. No one could get a thing past him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Still relying on Pipo Inzaghi to bang in the goals. Says alot about where Milan are atm.

Pipo is always very hungry for goals despite his age (mid 30s), he's a legend but not as gifted as Huntelaar, yet Huntelaar seems to be a permanent bench warmer atm

I really dont know why he doesn't start

Bulldog Force

Referee
Glad to see Sevilla and Lyon gets wins. Also happy the Rangers managed a goal in the big time. Satisfied that Barca managed to keep Milan goal less at home, but our defence must be wary next time round as to NOT concede the dreaded away goal. Also, worrying signs for Arsenal - down 0-2 after 5 minutes, albeit away from home, however against Leige. Good effort to come back and win with Eduardo scoring the winner, however they must lift. If anything, this is a kick in the nuts to wake up!

BWNB

First Grade
Glad to see Sevilla and Lyon gets wins. Also happy the Rangers managed a goal in the big time. Satisfied that Barca managed to keep Milan goal less at home, but our defence must be wary next time round as to NOT concede the dreaded away goal. Also, worrying signs for Arsenal - down 0-2 after 5 minutes, albeit away from home, however against Leige. Good effort to come back and win with Eduardo scoring the winner, however they must lift. If anything, this is a kick in the nuts to wake up!

We did have a depleted squad! So to come back after being down 2-0 is a great result.

RedVGooner

Juniors

Not concerned with being 2-0 down after 5 minutes especially after they scored a goal from our mistake and plus a penalty and takes great courage to come from behind to win especially away and missing the likes of Van Persie, Arshavin and Nasri

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This mornings results

Group Home Away
E ACF Fiorentina 2-0 Liverpool FC
E Debreceni VSC 0-4 Olympique Lyonnais
F FC Rubin Kazan 1-1 FC Internazionale Milano
F FC Barcelona 2-0 FC Dynamo Kyiv
G FC Unirea Urziceni 1-1 VfB Stuttgart
G Rangers FC 1-4 Sevilla FC
H Arsenal FC 2-0 Olympiacos FC
H AZ Alkmaar 1-1 R. Standard de Liège

Ridders

Coach
Great stuff from Jovetic. Liverpool defense again looked shoddy.

Shout out to Lucas as well. The guy is a living monument to ineptitude.

Pretty awful display by Inter.

Last edited: