What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UFC 2009 Undisputed review

Carnifex

Juniors
Yeah i played it a fair bit when it came out. Its pretty fun the career was too short IMO. But yeah definately worth buying...i played once online and the lag was horrid so never tried it again.

Jono078

Referee
I love it.

But once you master it you won't find it too enjoyable.

I really rated myself at it once I figured it all out.

My online record was like 55-14-1 (Should be 150-14-1, but you get sh*t load of quitters online).

The most annoying things are the menus are slow as hell to navigate, and career mode doesn't have much substance and is bit repetitive.

But it is fun and a good game, well worth it's current price tag of around $40.

I didn't experience too much lag online btw, just depends really.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Played this last night - love it!

I think if they can develop career mode a little more, they have a sure-fire winner in every sense of the word.

Carnifex

Juniors
Well EA have a MMA game in the works (or could actually be finished now?), and there will be another UFC game in 2010...so plenty more MMA goodness for the concoles!

IMO it was a terrible game. nothing going for it in career and the best part was the fighting. it dident impress nor excite me.

my rating would be like 3.5/10! i dident enjoy it!

lol @ EA getting in on the action a couple of years after they said they wouldnt bother because MMA isnt a real sport. Could be quite good, the thought of smacking someone's head off playing as Fedor interests me.

Stonecutter

First Grade
It sucks in career going up against BJJ and wrestlers. You can't stop the takedowns and unless you have 60+ submission defence, in middleweight Leites, Maia and Marquadt make you tap every time :(.

Light heavyweight was good, mostly standing up.

Have a 2-1 online record. The 1 loss the other guy used rampage and just kept using the crouching upper cut over and over. Totally gay.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Bought this the other day. How the hell do I get a submission to work? I can get into the position, then start rotating the stick, but it always gets reversed, what am I doing wrong?

Strange game, nowhere near as polished as Fight Night.

Jono078

Referee
Bought this the other day. How the hell do I get a submission to work? I can get into the position, then start rotating the stick, but it always gets reversed, what am I doing wrong?

Strange game, nowhere near as polished as Fight Night.
You can just button mash if you don't like rotating the analog stick.

Latest posts