What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ugly win pays the same

The Colonel

Immortal
Ugly win pays the same

April 3, 2007 3:16 PM

By Nathan Hindmarsh
mep123010B.jpg

Luke Burt strikes the match winning penalty goal at Parramatta Stadium on Friday night. Picture by Tim Clayton.
I think the first thing that went through my mind when Burty kicked that goal last Friday night was utter relief.
Relief that the game was over and that we had got the two points and could sing the victory song again.
An NFL coach coined the phrase "winning ugly'' and that's probably what we did on Friday night but the how bit did not matter as much as the result.
It was a scrappy game, largely because of the 22 penalties blown.
When there is a break in play every four minutes or so, it makes it really hard to get into any rhythm or momentum.
You lose the opportunity to build dominance, as the defence can always reset its line and put in another effort.
It was great to be back, but at the same time, I know I was a bit rusty and learning to be out there again took some time.
I did not play any trials and match conditions are hard to replicate in training like a racehorse I hope I am fitter for the run and will be better next start.
Overall, it was a good team performance we controlled things well and didn't panic when we had the ball.
There is still plenty of room for improvement and you would hope so after only three games but the good thing is that we are getting better and playing with confidence.
But Friday night's win will mean nothing if we drop our guard this week against the Canberra Raiders at Parramatta Stadium.
It is vital to approach every game with the same intensity and commitment both in training and on the field.
Winning home games is so vital in any year but this year more so than ever if we do everything to the best of our ability, it will be OK.
Happy Easter to all, and me? I'm just looking forward to some Easter eggs.
http://www.parramattasun.com.au/2007/04/ugly_win_pays_the_same_1.php

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Dear Boys,

Whats with the love of Easter Eggs!?
I will have to bring some for everyone on the weekend :D

Love Jess (Chocolaholic)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dear Ben, Hindy the rest of the boys...

Just incase i forget to remind you, could you please all Harden the f**k up!!!! against the Raiders..

Yours..
Mario.

Dear Ben, Hindy the rest of the boys...

Don't let what happen in the corresponding game last year happen and get thumped 30-10.

Hit the f**kn thing at pace and steel up!!!!!!!

Your best mate,
Matt

JessEel

Dear Hindy and the rest of the boys,

Just do your best and give it your all.

Thanks

Jess

JessEel

i find being calm and optimistic helps me live a happier life belly - would you like to subscribe to my newsletter, im thinking about becoming a guru :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
JessEel said:
i find being calm and optimistic helps me live a happier life belly - would you like to subscribe to my newsletter, im thinking about becoming a guru :D

what the frig are you talkin about Jess???? whatever happen to the arse kickin chick that I've grown to love!!!!!!!...you've become all Boheimian on us all of a sudden..:crazy:

;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
Eela...... sit down, shut up and get to the back of the bus before I take my size twelve and kick you all the way up there.....

Peace and out.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I am not sure if it has been said but how good was Hindy's performance on the weekend after all that time out. 37 tackles and close to 160 metres.

I am not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I love the man

The Colonel

Immortal
It was good in respect that he didn't need to make 50 tackles... the metres gained were a direct result I think. He'll get better too for the run.