What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Cock-up

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
Top post monkey ! I have to fully agree with you, i dont see why the aussies and new zealanders should get preferencial treatment over us english, we are putting money in their coffers too !!

I dont get why people are telling us totally different dates even the same company. Take Alternative software, i have enquired 3 times lately, this is how it went -

phoned yesterday and also sent an e-mail to them. when i phoned the lad on the end of the phone said 15th-19th so i thought oh ok, then the email that i got said the 12th is still possible

so i phoned up today and told them i was getting a little bit annoyed by it all now and she told me the money had gone out of my bank account so they can send the game out a.s.a.p. i thought that is all very well but we dont know when its coming out, she then went on to say that it will be monday and i said is there any chance on friday and she said oh yes, and laughed !!

London donkey

Juniors
vbfg said:
It's £32.99 from Play or Gameplay, and if you go here and click the ad' at the top of the page you still get it for the same price but some of the money is contributed towards RLFANS.

It's only £32.99 on the pc on gameplay, whereas on play it is that price for all three, thanks for telling me abiout the link though

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Oh f*ck this,its too stressfull.What the sh*ggin hell is going on? Its all fooked up big time.Now its the 15th on Gameplay.Who has told them the 15th? Obviously Alternative who just told me it will be the 12th.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
To add insult to injury.Gameplay have now put the PS2 down for the 15th whilst the X-Box and PC are down for the 19th. It gets worse by the minute.

StHelens

Juniors
I'm just on the live chat on Gameplay.co.uk with a sales rep and i've asked bout the 15th PS2/19th XBOX and PC release dates and he says

Me: what on earth is going on with the rugby league game? it says 15th Dec for PS2 and 19th Dec for PC and Xbox?!
Me: is that a mistake?
Ridley: i don't know, i'm not sure whats going on anymore. ive got a nasty feeling they just updated the website and theyve pushed the date back
Ridley: i'll see if theyve updated my system yet
Me: k
Ridley: bad news
Me: :( go on give it lol
Ridley: theyve changed it to the 15th
Ridley: its all action at game play!
Me: lol
Me: so all formats are 15th?
Ridley: no, i think you were right 19thdec forpc and xbox. some people won't get this in time for xmas
Ridley: 2mins and i finish work
Me: oh dear
Me: oh dear oh dear
Me: so ps2 still 15th?!
Ridley: lol
Me: deary me wat is going on
Ridley: yes

blah blah blah, you get the drift. XBOX + PC = 19th Dec, PS2 = 15th Dec

That ain't much help I know but hey :roll:

StHelens

Juniors
Gameplay are reliable, they are the better choice rather than the high street shops because the shops like GAME are biased to football and rugby union etc and won't be arsed about this game. Gameplay is in Leeds and as soon as they get a game, it is dispatched so the customer can get it ASAP. They will receive the game a few days early. They were due to get it dispatch it tomorrow so I may have got it on Thursday but Monday looks more likely now, or Tuesday. Anyway what am I going on about?! :lol:

RedV

Juniors
Absolute disgrace.

The most recent update I have had is PS2 - 12th, XB + PC - 19th. SOMEONE TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ANY DEGREE OF FIRM KNOWLEDGE!

At the end of the day, someone is responsible somewhere along the line here. Why is this happening? Totally unprofessional.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
And we come back yet again to Alternative who said the 12th only a few hours ago to me.Obviously a few hours ago that same Alternative told Gameplay the 15th and 19th.

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
I was actually told the game was being like manufactured in austria, whether the dickhead meant australia which i think is the more likely bet, i dont know.

Although saying this, i dont think it is alternatives fault, they havent got the game yet, its the people who are giving the games to them whoever that is becuase alternative havent actually got any games yet.

RedV

Juniors
OoOGazOoO said:
I was actually told the game was being like manufactured in austria, whether the dickhead meant australia which i think is the more likely bet, i dont know.

Although saying this, i dont think it is alternatives fault, they havent got the game yet, its the people who are giving the games to them whoever that is becuase alternative havent actually got any games yet.

If so, it's understandable, but what I can't forgive is that they continue to give us different release dates. Just admit it Alternative, you don't have a clue. I would appreciate that answer more than being told a different thing every day.

London donkey

Juniors
So it's back to sony/microsoft then. Either way GAME are selling this on their website, as are play and gameplay, each with different prices for each version and different release dates.

but it looks like a long christmas wait no matter who you chose

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
i dont mean to be pessimistic but i would put a little bet on me not getting the game before xmas just because of the lack of organisation.

ripper

Wigan Warrior said:
ripper73 said:
The Poms are blaming us - even though its some poms fault

No one is blaming you.We are blaming Alternative Software.Do you work for them or something?

Yep, I fly over from NZ everyday in a F-18 just to work for them.