What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK release update

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
I phoned Gamesters in Wigan today at 3 pm and asked about the release date for us in the UK.They told me that in the last 1/2 hour they had recieved word that the UK version has been put back from 12th of December to the 19th.

Dont know if this is 100% accurate but it goes with what Mario said that the UK version may have a short delay due to being manufactered in Asia.

According to the tru-blu website the game will be released at the same time in all territorys.Does that mean the Aussie and NZ version will also be delayed? I hope not for you Aussies/NZ's because every extra day now is like a month!

I also asked if the 19th was a definate and they just laughed and told me that nothing is definate with release date of this game and they could only pass on the info that they keep recieving.

RedV

Juniors
So much for the 'safe release date.' At this rate we'll hear in a week or so that the game will be released in the new year - missing Xmas, and missing out on a whole bloody lot of cash.

I'm not having a pop at Mario or anyone involved in the game production - it's out of their hands. But the fact that this game has missed even the 'safe' date is typical of the way things have gone for a while now. Ridiculous.

Oh and BTW, before anyone says 'it's only a week,' that's precisely the problem, it's NOT been only a week. How much longer are we going to have to wait?

Andy#8

Juniors
im completely sick of this f*cking release date being put back. it aint gonna be out for xmas at this rate. :evil: :evil: :evil: :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Monkey

Juniors
if it is, i aint buyin it....full stop. i've had about a fkin nuff. i'll play my brother in law's version instead. i'm in the computer industry and i would probably get sued for screwing a client over this much so i'm voting with my feet. no reason for a delay is acceptable. :evil:

Monkey

Juniors
PS. Dover i've seen people like u on forums before. Wigan Warrior has been here a long time and if he has some info-right or wrong - i wanna hear it. it aint up to you to put a pointless post saying 'deleted', if u wanna be a mod, go kiss someone's @rse.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Well like i said,thats what Gemester in Wigan told me.They said they had been contacted 1/2 hour earlier with the news.

Dont get too downhearted just yet though Monkey.Weve heard these shops say dates before and then they have been wrong.However,the fact they said they had just been contacted says enough for me. :cry:

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
normally i would think that a mod edited his post but since it doesnt say it was edited.......U TOOL HEAD

and the release date only has 2 be the same for each title (i think)

TripleM

Juniors
Yeah, I don't know what you are going on about Monkey, Dover made a post then a mod must have deleted it, or possibly himself.. I think you misunderstood him to have said that he wanted this topic deleted or something. nup.

But anyway, I never actually thought the UK was going to get it at the same time as Aussie and New Zealand.. I thought it was always going to get it a week or so later.

Maybe you should just order from NZ or aussie if it will get sent over faster, because it is definitely 12-15th over here.

Monkey

Juniors
in a lot of forums, if someone puts 'deleted', it means they want/expect the thread to be closed down by a mod sometime soon

Monkey

Juniors
Didn't mean any offence to mario or sidhe, just that its the off-season, i've got a stack of assignments at uni, and xmas is comin......i hate bloody xmas, means spending money. really need this game so i can see some rugby league till february. ;-)

drewey

Juniors
Ok Fellas I just rang Alternative Software the distributor for the UK and the guy said the game will be out between 12th - 15th December. I asked him how sure was he and he said 100% sure.
I don't really know why you wasted your time riniging a shop about it. I asked a shop and they had never even heard of the game, but i do live in the south....

Big Nelly

Juniors
Thanks for that Drewey. Living in the south also, haven't relied on asking any gamestores darn sarf!

Pre ordered from Gameplay and the date still shows 12 December as release date. I'm sure if there was any news then Mario would say so!

Fingers crossed!

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Well to be fair,i rang the shop initially to ask if they would have any spare PS2 copys available in the first shipment (i have the PC version ordered from NZ).I just asked if they could give me a definate release date whilst i was on the phone thats all.Thats when they told me they had just had word that it would be 19th of December and not the 12th-15th.

Who the hell do we believe at all?

StHelens

Juniors
Just preorder it off Gameplay, ya get it the day it comes out for 99p :roll: Then ya can stop worryin bout the release date and chillll 8)

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
Well, i took it on myself to ring Alternative Software -

ASSISTANT : Hello alternative software

GAZ : Hi, i just wondered if you had an update on the release date for the eagerly awaited rugby league game thats expected soon.

ASSISTANT : hold on and i will find out for you

*2 minutes later *

ASSISTANT : Hello, my boss says between the 12th and 15th of december

GAZ : ok thanks !

So there we go, they are the people who would know.

Andy#8

Juniors
my mate from rugby said he went to the shop in workington today (game) and they said it wasnt to be released now to after new year.

whether my mate was telling the truth, i dont know.

Latest posts