What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate Warrior passes away

Dragon Jim

Juniors
Completely shocked, I dont even know what else to say.

I guess we need to see what any investigation reveals.

Update from TMZ: "Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th while walking to his car with his wife. Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead."

Last edited:

Dragon Jim

Juniors
Someone in the comments section of a site reporting his death is making a link from his speech to his death. Might be purely coincidental and nothing in it, but it is telling:

Think of his speech on Saturday where he kept telling the fans "no
more matches" and how he told his daughters "no matter what happens,
your father will always love you"

Think of his speech on Raw
about how the Warrior spirit will always live on even ater he is gone.
"I am the Ultimate Warrior, you are the Ultimate Warrior fans, and the
spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will live on FOREVER!"

nöyd

Staff member
Just checked Facebook and read a Jake Roberts post saying RIP Warrior, I'm like wtf?

Hopefully he got some things cleared up over the weekend with some folk he seemed to piss off the most.

Wow

Bulldog Force

Referee
Triple H Twitter :(

attachment.php

Attachments

• HHH.JPG
    HHH.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 125

W.Smith

Juniors
Wow, i was looking at him on RAW on tuesday and thinking how badly he seemed to be struggling walking to the ring and in ring and during his promo he was panting like a 2 bob race horse and just put it down to what a hard life he put his body through

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Man, what a roller coaster of emotions in the wrestling world in the past 4 days....

I saw his RAW speech, he looked like he was turning purple there. He really didn't look healthy. which was quite a contrast to his HOF speech just 2 days before.

RIP Jim Hellwig - Warrior.

Special K

Coach
I'm blown away by this. I was just thinking he is doing well considering the amount of roids he would have taken during his prime and how good he was looking.

Shattered.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Could well be that he was well aware that he was on borrowed time, but obviously wasn't expecting it to be quite so short.

Maybe the relief of finally burying some old hatchets and getting his due was both a good and bad thing. It gave him some closure, but maybe that grudge was keeping him going?

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I fear 10 years from now, when all the effects of chair shots to the head of the attitude era guys will start showing themselves.

nöyd

Staff member
Prophetic words indeed from Jim Hellwig on Monday Night Raw this week:

“No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own,” he said. “Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper in something that’s larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers — by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him, and make the running the man did live forever.

You, you, you, you, you,” he said, pointing to the fans, “are the legend-makers of Ultimate Warrior.”

Going by that you would have to believe he knew his time was short.