What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uncertain 2005

Evergreen

Juniors
Raider Ultra said:
Urgh, that Manly match, that would have to go down as one of the Raiders worst ever matches, matched only by that shambles at Manuka.

I had the new Raiders strip (commerative 1987 edition) bought for me for Christmas. Looks fantastic, apart from the "80's week Grand Final Replay - Raiders vs Manly" moniker constantly bringing back the apalling memory of that day.

The best thing about 2005 is the flooding of new talent into the squad. We saw a shake up in the 2003 pre-season with some quality purchases (or so they seemed at the time), and we produced one of our better seasons in recent memory.

If I was a squad member, seeing all the new faces around would help wipe the slate clean from the crap dished up last year - I would feel a lot 'fresher' and ready to challenge for my NRL spot. I'd also be keen to get some new ideas from blokes like J Smith and Adamson, who have been there, done that in the world of Rugby League.

This is what will work to our advantage, whereas teams like Penrith and Newcastle - who have been very quiet in the player market - could go down our 2004 path with their 'stale' squads.

thickos

First Grade
Branko said:
Raider Ultra said:
Urgh, that Manly match, that would have to go down as one of the Raiders worst ever matches, matched only by that shambles at Manuka.

I had the new Raiders strip (commerative 1987 edition) bought for me for Christmas. Looks fantastic, apart from the "80's week Grand Final Replay - Raiders vs Manly" moniker constantly bringing back the apalling memory of that day.

The best thing about 2005 is the flooding of new talent into the squad. We saw a shake up in the 2003 pre-season with some quality purchases (or so they seemed at the time), and we produced one of our better seasons in recent memory.

If I was a squad member, seeing all the new faces around would help wipe the slate clean from the crap dished up last year - I would feel a lot 'fresher' and ready to challenge for my NRL spot. I'd also be keen to get some new ideas from blokes like J Smith and Adamson, who have been there, done that in the world of Rugby League.

This is what will work to our advantage, whereas teams like Penrith and Newcastle - who have been very quiet in the player market - could go down our 2004 path with their 'stale' squads.

Excellent point Branko with your last statement. I think last season has shown the club the pitfalls of inactivity in the player market, you need to keep the place 'turning over.'

Latest posts