What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

under 16 world cup russia on anyone

Big Bunny

Juniors
I haven't seen any official reports or press releases, but on a side note Locomotive won the Russian Challenge Cup 30-22 over Kazan Arrows. Halftime was 12-6.

That takes it to 3 years in a row that Locomotive have won the double, being both the grand final and the cup.

winnyason

Juniors
http://rc-lokomotiv.narod.ru/Jrwc.htmlthanks big bunny, all people wanting junior world cup info it is here,
it was posted on june so fairly recent, so all is not doom & gloom, they have results of the comp and photos crowds are basically non existant i konw before they have small crowds but from the photos just about no one.
for guys who don't have an interpreter here is what they said.

Welcome!

Date of creation: 01.06.2005 10:53
The address of page: http: // center.rian.ru/news.html? nws_id=403207
From September, 22nd till October, 2nd in Moscow will pass Superiority of the world on регбилиг among young men
Moscow on June, 1st./РИА "News"/. From September, 22nd till October, 2nd, 2005 in a sport center "ЛУЖНИКИ" will pass Superiority of the world on регбилиг among young men.
As have informed RIA of "News" in Committee of physical training and sports of Moscow, the offer on carrying out of the superiority, put forward by the international and Russian federations регбилиг, mayor of capital Jury Luzhkov has supported the order.
Financing, the organization and carrying out of competitions will carry out Federal agency on physical training and sports and Federation регбилиг Russia, including due to the involved means of sponsors.
The decision on carrying out in Moscow Superiority of the world on регбилиг among young men is accepted, as it is marked in the document, for strengthening authority of Moscow in the international Olympic movement.

The list of participating commands:
1. RUSSIA
2. Australia
3. France
4. Scotland
5. Попуа New Guinea
6. Italy
7. The Wales
8. Georgia

The schedule
Matches of Superiority of the World on регбилиг among young men. Moscow. On September, 21st - on October, 02nd 2005г.
Group " And "
1. Russia
2. Папуа New Guinea (ПНГ)
3. Scotland
4. Georgia

Group " In "
1. Australia
2. France
3. Italy
4. The Wales

11.00 Australia - the Wales
12.30 France - Italy
14.00 Russia - Georgia
15.45 ПНГ - Scotland
11.00 France - the Wales
12.30 Italy - Australia
14.00 Scotland - Russia
15.30 Georgia-ПНГ
11.00 Wales-Italy
12.30 Australia - France
14.00 Russia-»¡ú
15.30 Scotland - Georgia
Semifinals:
11.00 áº-IN 4 (consolatory)
12.30 ВЗ-А4
14.00 А1-В2 (basic)
15.30 В1-А2
Стыковые matches:
15.00 match for 7 place
16.30 match for 5 мес
18.00 match for 3 place
19.30 Ending
Upon termination of the Final ceremony of rewarding and closing of Superiority of the World among young men.

so it looks as it is on but is the non comittment i expect from the likes of nz & england, would have liked to see fiji or tonga go.
as for italy this should not have be let happen, there is a very big chance they will make final, piss them off have made no effort at all to establish game in homeland.
hopefully france or wales can avert this embrassament.

carlnz

Bench
With the U16 World Cup on again off again, NZ and Fiji just toured Australia.

Its good to see all the U16's getting a crack at a tour...no doubt it will help Fiji out long term..

Evil Homer

Staff member
According to this,it's going ahead with 12 teams:

Youths ready for Russia trip
PREPARATIONS for the Under-16 Papua New Guinea schoolboys rugby league team to the World Youth Championships in Moscow, Russia, is well underway.
Founder of schoolboys rugby league and former Kumuls five-eighth Ifisoe Segeyaro said preparations were well on target.
“The boys have been taking part in training programs in their respective provinces with assistance of the SP Cup teams,’’ Segeyaro said.
“Basically the boys are going through strength and fitness programs with players from the SP Cup monitoring their progress. It’s more like a personal program for the boys,” he said.
Segeyaro said the team was in the final stages of their training program before they go into camp.
“The boys will be going into camp on September 10 in Goroka. On 19 they will fly to Port Moresby and watch the Prime Minister’s 13 and Australian select side game before they leave for Russia the next day,’’ Segeyaro said.
The Rusia championships will be held from September 20 to October 2.
So far 12 countries have confirmed their participation — Australia, Belarus, Cook Islands, England, France, Italy, Morocco, Russia, Scotland and Wales.
The PNG Schoolboys side is: Kinston Pisep, Nathan Pundi, Carlmax Ambelye, Steven Lanta, Michael Mexico, Vincent Mita, Phillip Joshua, Samuel Perisa, Dickson Wallen, Whelma Jerrick, Karl Samson, James Segeyaro, George Wena, Tom Boga, Hassler Mai, Ronnie Thomas, Robert Vuia, Maisen Soina.
Team management is Steve Malum (coach), Segeyaro (manager), Alex Tani (tour manager), David Inaho (doctor).

yakstorm

First Grade
Belarus? And they only name 11 sides including PNG in that article....I am more inclinded to believe the tournament is still only 8 sides....

DIEHARD

----
In case you were wondering, like me. Where the hell Belarus is....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarus

Bo-map.png

taipan

Referee
Since the Soviet union broke up into Russia etc,Belarus is now an independent country as is Ukraine......If this is right,that means rugby league is either played in schools or has a comp in Belarus,any know if thats the story ?

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Another sign that the Under 16 world cup will be going ahead with the announcement in French newspaper of the referee the French will be sending.

From www.ladepeche.com

THAT DEVELOPS THE COMMITTEE
Now, he is not the only referee tarnais with being recognized nationally and internationally. Maxime Maurel will direct matches of the World cup juniors to Russia by September 22 at next 2 October "All our departmental referees took part in a final, it is the fruit of the work of the committee", is satisfied Thierry Alibert. "We try to train a true team welded while finding himself as often as possible, gradually, we recruit thanks to this user-friendliness and with work because the task of referee is not always easy", increases it. This satisfaction to have referees tarnais on the most level is valid for all Rugby with thirteen departmental.

"I am satisfied with what they do. The board of referees is that which functions best. It is managed well and recruited in spite of the encountered problems ", continues the president of the committee of the Tarn Jean-Paul Alibert. He also was present at the edge of the ground at the time of the finale.

"It is my fourth final like deputy and it is important for me and for the Tarn because it is the result of the season and that develops our committee", concludes it.

Patrice Chanarz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

winnyason

Juniors
looking good, however would think georgia would be there instead of belerus,

italy is a f**king joke.
just maybe the russians won't let anyone down.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Bears (once called Vereya) are based in Naro-Fominskiy just west of Moscow, they have 200 kids playing in their juniors. They are one of 3-4 clubs in that area about west of Moscow. Vereya and Cosmos are the ones I'm sure of. Cosmos are the interesting club out of the lot, because they are named for their towns industry, as it's one of the old top secret cities and was the centre of the Russian space agency.

winnyason

Juniors
thanks for the info big bunny, do they play in division 1, or lower league.
what are the crowds like now the big puller of loco vs dynamo around 2000 is not on.
or does locomotiv vs spartek draw many.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Bears History (rough translation)

Bears RC (until 2004 called Moscow Region or Vereya)

2001 - Played in the Moscow club comp, member of the old Euro-Asian RL
2002 - Came 4th out of 6 clubs in the RRL Championship
2003 - Came 5th out of 9 clubs in the RRL Championship
2004 - Played in the Moscow FRR comp - Came 3rd out of 6 in the championship of the central federal region. Won a place in the national league/Russian challenge cup playing against the other 9 sides.
2005 - Came 3rd out of 6 clubs in the RRL 7's in Rostov

Prior to this it looks like they played in Moscow youth leagues only, but I could be wrong.

The club was formed in 1995 and registered with the RRL in 1998.

Big Bunny

Juniors
winnyason said:
thanks for the info big bunny, do they play in division 1, or lower league.
what are the crowds like now the big puller of loco vs dynamo around 2000 is not on.
or does locomotiv vs spartek draw many.

I don't know about crowds. I take anything said with a grain of salt unless it comes from photo evidence or is a logical conclusion, but I did see photos where Dynamo fans used to go watch the RL. My guess on average crowds for Russia would be anywhere between 50 and 500.