What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Union is boring for Benji

Woods99

Juniors
Bernster said:
Maybe he should hook up with those stuck up Silver Ferns and play Netball...Now that is a sport for pansys

Wow, that's an even better way to promote rugby league in New Zealand, call the All Blacks "pansies".

Woods99

Juniors
russ13 said:
Woods 99 wrote:

All were RL juniors at one stage.

Sydney club (played yesterday) RU GF crowd was 9412. Down from 12,000 or so last year.

Russ13,

Who did Tim Horan and Jason Little play junior league for? Both went to GPS colleges in Queensland which, as far as I know, would preclude them from playing sport other than rugby union?

As for which sport other people played or didn't play as juniors, what does that prove one way or another? Benji played rugby union, didn't he, as a junior? Did that help or hinder him?

By the way, if the NRL wants to do all it can to hinder the promotion of rugby league in New Zealand they should just continue along the road that they are on. According to a New Zealand league supporter on the International section, league player numbers have dropped in New Zealand for the second year in a row.

How does it help league in New Zealand when their best and brightest young kids play for Australian clubs?

And how does it help when a kid like Benji disses the All Blacks who are widely admired and respected by the whole population, including league supporters?

Bernster

Juniors
Woods99 said:
Wow, that's an even better way to promote rugby league in New Zealand, call the All Blacks "pansies".

I got nothing against the All Blacks...Besides, I was raised on both codes as Union is practically my father's "Religion"...So there.

An41

Juniors
why dont you go drink your champagne while wearing your jacket with leather elbow patches and a monocle. twig

Green Machine

First Grade
Woods99 said:
Green Machine,

"A parable for rugby league supporters"

Once upon a time there was a mother whose son was a soldier. She was very, very proud of him. One day he was in a big parade in the city, and she went in to see him.

When she came back home her neighbour asked her how it went.

"I was so proud of him" the mother said "all those hundreds of soldiers, and he was the only one in step".

Bored Benji in New Zealand :D

Ahhh! Your idea of utopia is quite different to mine. I thought it was quite refreshing for Benji to give an honest thought, though. Considering the great majority of players in both Union and League who use a third party like the ARU, NZRU, European Union & League Clubs and NRL clubs as a way of jacking up their contract price at negotiation time. Maybe Benji is not as intimidated by the NZRU as most New Zealanders, who see Rugby Union as their only way to express themselves on stages outside their homeland.

I see that you are still trying to drum up support for the Sydney Rugby Union Grand Final. I wonder if the government funded-community channel-ABC TV, that looks after fringe sports like Netball and Rugby Union with telecasts, will release the viewing numbers for Saturday’s extravaganza. To be quite honest, I didn’t know it was on, as I have been busy all weekend entertaining Country Rugby League fans who make the pilgrimage to Sydney each year for another event on Sunday.

I wonder how the ratings for the Sydney Rugby Union Grand Final will stack up against the old Sydney Rugby League Grand Final, which now goes by the name of the NRL Grand Final, and I’ve heard is quite a success on Channel 9? I wonder how many mothers were watching on Sunday night compared to Saturday afternoon?

Latest posts