What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

up and coming players

Princess

Juniors
there is topics for most under and overrated players but what about for up and coming players?? players that got may or may not have made first grade this year but may make it next year?

I would say Ashton Sims from the dragons has what it takes, he is huge, hope he can learn a thing or two from Bailey and Ryles.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Booyah

Bench
Keith Galloway (Cronulla)
Rhys Williams (Cronulla)
Pee Wee Moke (Roosters)
Puna Rasubale (Roosters)
Beau Champion (Souths)
Troy Boston (Souths)
Michael Woodlands (Souths)

Galloway and Williams have played first grade already. All of the above are 17-18 and have played S.G or Flegg for their respective teams.

westie

Bench
Dean Collis: Very fast, very strong center. Leading tryscorer in flegg this year. Junior international and school boy. Scored around 14 trys in a nine week (?) comp.

Isaac DeGois: Flegg player of the year. Threw the last pass to almost all of Collis' trys. Lock or hooker. He is eligible for portugal or some out of the way country. This guy will be a champion.

Liam Fulton: Lock or Hooker. Played one game of First grade at the end of the year. Mabey not as good as the previous two but still has a big future.

I havnt listed every single promising junior just the ones I consider to be elite.

roofromoz

First Grade
Shaun Ata - Kiwi who played a bit for the Cougars this year. A centre in the mould of Willie Mason, and pretty quick from what I heard.

There is also Aaron Barba, who played Queensland Cup this year for Redcliffe and scored something like 35 tries. Is also Preston Campbell's cousin.

In Panther land, they are both seen as up and comers. Also chuck in Daniel Russell, the Cougars five-eighth. Pretty capable goal-kicker.

skeepe

Immortal
From the Raiders:

Terry Campese
Ben Cross
Matt Gafa (not that young but deserves his chance)
Michael Weyman
Alwyn Simpson
James Evans
Jarrad Lawrence
Marshall Chalk
Todd Carney

westie

Bench
skeepe said:
From the Raiders:

Terry Campese
Ben Cross
Matt Gafa (not that young but deserves his chance)
Michael Weyman
Alwyn Simpson
James Evans
Jarrad Lawrence
Marshall Chalk
Todd Carney

You just listed every player you thought had a bit of talent.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Waymen, Cross, Campeese, Dobson, Monaghan, Chalk, Gafa, Martin and Carney

they are pretty much the next wave of players for canberra..... i sence another dynesty coming on.....

Dog-E

Juniors
Trent Cutler & Sonny-Bill Williams - Write those names down & practice pronouncing them....cos you're gonna be SCREAMING them in excitement come State of Origin time & beyond in the not-too-distant future, if you're a Blues Supporter!!...Or cursing their very existence if you're a cane toad!!
;-)

half

Coach
Tigertread said:
Cowboys
Wallace Solomona, Jimmy Anderson, Jacob Lillyman and Dean Limpus.
future broncos stars?

ron has covered the parra contingent. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that tsoulos and armit will be awesome. it's been a few years since parra has had a quality forward come through the ranks

and no doubt witty will be spectacularrr fo sho

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Dog-E said:
Trent Cutler & Sonny-Bill Williams - Write those names down & practice pronouncing them....cos you're gonna be SCREAMING them in excitement come State of Origin time & beyond in the not-too-distant future, if you're a Blues Supporter!!...Or cursing their very existence if you're a cane toad!!
;-)

Sonny Bill Willams is garbage...he was completely outplayed by Parra young gun Justin Tslsous int here encounters this year!

He is over hyped...problem the reason why he hasn't played first grade if he was that good!!

Asotosi & Cutler are good players & we will see plenty of good games from them in the future.

aqua_duck

Coach
From the Knights, watch out for 2 players in particular Michael Young, a very good young fullback, quite lanky built much like David Peachey. However the biggest prospect in the hunter is Michael Ennis, has played 1 game of 1st grade, only 19, played for NSW under 19's and Jnr Roos this year, outstanding young hooker, prolific try scorer, if Danny Buderus wasn't there he'd be a regualr 1st grader, carried the premier league team last season.

westie

Bench
aqua_duck said:
From the Knights, watch out for 2 players in particular Michael Young, a very good young fullback, quite lanky built much like David Peachey. However the biggest prospect in the hunter is Michael Ennis, has played 1 game of 1st grade, only 19, played for NSW under 19's and Jnr Roos this year, outstanding young hooker, prolific try scorer, if Danny Buderus wasn't there he'd be a regualr 1st grader, carried the premier league team last season.

He didnt do a very good job. They still competed for the spoon. Time to go and reminisce about our 70 odd point win over ya's earlier in the year.

Latest posts