What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on Ben Smith....

Hellsy

Immortal
Just found out from a Parra Official that they are doing more tests on Benny this week.
He may require an operation which would see him out for up to 12 weeks :( :cry:

Sorry Jess.....

fish eel

Immortal
Poor Ben. It was a big year for him, contract year and all.

Still, one door closes, another one opens.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
:cry: Damm, injuries.

Just when we've had a good season, we cant back it up the next. Like 2002.

But we have plenty of good depth, Im sure Delaney or even Inu will do well.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
At least Graham won't be getting the call up..

But apart from that, if Ben needs surgery then he should take it now. I'd rather see him out for 12 weeks now than alot longer later because he risked not having the surgery. It could give Inu a chance in first grade which can only be good for him, having a bit of experience at the top level without being thrown in permanently at a young age.

Stagger eel

Staff member
in this situation i guess you have to think of the worst scenereo and that is a stint on the sideline for a few months..

that's tragic for Ben, but as mentioned 1 door closes another opens for Frog, Kris or whoever else may take the role at right centre.

That's why we need good depth. Ben is no loss. Delaney and Inu are much better players...so we won't be losing much at all...... probably gaining.

eel4life

Juniors
I dont know what games you watch, Ben is a loss due to the combinations they have created over the last year in defence and in attack and he is a good young player, allot of potential, once we get Timana back it wont be as bad plus afew other of the players.

eel4life said:
I dont know what games you watch, Ben is a loss due to the combinations they have created over the last year in defence and in attack and he is a good young player, allot of potential, once we get Timana back it wont be as bad plus afew other of the players.

Trust me he is no loss...and Timana is back this week.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
crying.gif

and jake, why do you have to be so NEGATIVE

Kornstar

Coach
That is very sad for Ben, even though i realy like Delaney, it is a big blow for Ben cause he has been outstanding for us!!

forward pass

Coach
Better now than later in the year.

I knew this was going to happen this year. We had a dream run with injuries last year so there was no way it was going to continue.

Wags may be an option but I don't know what happened to wags last week - was supposed to play premmies but didn't.

Stagger eel

Staff member
one thing these injuries to Moro, PJ and Ben and the release of Ash has done is probably made Brian re think he's resting policy.

The Colonel

Immortal
Wagon has a back injury - was put through a test at the same time as John Williams and Tahu last week.

strider

Post Whore
:cry: ... poor ben .... he's been copping some sh*t this yr and I don't think its warranted - I just think he hasn't had the opportunities like last year cos the team isn't going so well

when's TIT back? .... if TIT is not back soon then it would be good to see Inu get a run.

(oh, and poor all us buggers who have ben in the virtual thinga-me-jig)

Latest posts