What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL Rd 8 / AMNRL Rd 6

amnrlfan

Juniors
Predictions

USARL

Boston Thirteens (3-4) vs Jacksonville Axemen (6-1) - Axemen 42 Thirteens 12

Baltimore Blues (0-7) vs Rhode Island Rebellion (3-4) - Rebellion 58 Blues 12

Philadelphia Fight (6-1) vs Washington D.C. Slayers (3-4) - Fight 30 Slayers 26

AMNRL

Dragons (2-2) @ Sharks (2-3) - Sharks

Knights (4-0) @ Eagles (3-1) - Knights

Cats (2-2) @ Bulls (2-2) - Cats

Raiders (0-5) bye

usarlfan69

Juniors
Predictions

USARL

Boston Thirteens (3-4) vs Jacksonville Axemen (6-1) - Axemen 42 Thirteens 12

Baltimore Blues (0-7) vs Rhode Island Rebellion (3-4) - Rebellion 58 Blues 12

Philadelphia Fight (6-1) vs Washington D.C. Slayers (3-4) - Fight 30 Slayers 26

AMNRL

Dragons (2-2) @ Sharks (2-3) - Sharks

Knights (4-0) @ Eagles (3-1) - Knights

Cats (2-2) @ Bulls (2-2) - Cats

Raiders (0-5) bye

I agree with you on these picks, however my upset this week is the 13's over the Axemen 30-22

deal.with.it

Juniors
I know this is forever repeated, but Rugby League in the USA is stagnating, if not declining. Despite being a world cup year.
Personnel on both AMNRL and USARL committees need to go back to doing a good job for their teams.
We then need a northern and southern confererence.
Northern: Boston, Rhode Ireland, Connecticut, New Haven, New York, Southhampton, northern raiders
Southern: Phily fight, Baltimore, DC, NOVA, Jacksonville, BC sharks

There's a f**king competition! Less travel, rivalries, and all under the one banner.

Now make it happen!

This year has been a complete write off, and scores lopsided, forfeits etc.

But I'm tipping:
Axemen 60 - Boston 12
Baltimore 4 - RI 82
Fight 28 - DC 36

Dragons 32- Sharks 22
Knights 30 - NOVA 40
Cats 50 - Bulls 20

druzik

Juniors
Sharks make a Run for the Finals

July 26th, 2013
By Daniel Andruczyk

Saturday saw the Northern Virginia Eagles travel away to the Shark Park in Levittown, Pennsylvania. This was actually the 2nd round match that was postponed due to NOVA having not enough players. This time, however, the Eagles were with a full compliment and looking to secure their position in the top 4. The sharks in second last spot with a big win could be on equal points with 4 other teams.

Read more...

amnrlfan

Juniors
I know this is forever repeated, but Rugby League in the USA is stagnating, if not declining. Despite being a world cup year.
Personnel on both AMNRL and USARL committees need to go back to doing a good job for their teams.
Northern: Boston, Rhode Ireland, Connecticut, New Haven, New York, Southhampton, northern raiders

There's a f**king competition! Less travel, rivalries, and all under the one banner.

Now make it happen!

But I'm tipping:
Axemen 60 - Boston 12
Baltimore 4 - RI 82
Fight 28 - DC 36

Dragons 32- Sharks 22
Knights 30 - NOVA 40
Cats 50 - Bulls 20

There should be one comp two divisions

IowaRL

Juniors
Which Pom is why we need more southern states teams. Breaking out of the north east box is very important!

tcc_dc

Juniors
The disadvantage for expansion in the South is flight costs.

You can fly to chicago for much cheaper than Jacksonville from DC due to number of routes. Driving time wise, they are about the same.

I would think that if Pittsburgh ever gets up and running, you could have a nice midwest pod that is pretty accessible to the East Coast teams

Boston13s

Juniors
We lost 68-6 to Jacksonville. We started pretty decent but their superior size, fitness and experience meant there would only be 1 winner.

pennpool

Juniors

Now make it happen!

But I'm tipping:
Axemen 60 - Boston 12
Baltimore 4 - RI 82
Fight 28 - DC 36

Dragons 32- Sharks 22
Knights 30 - NOVA 40
Cats 50 - Bulls 20

The only real way for it to work is to split the divisions evenly. Leave Jacksonville as a floater team. Rotate who has to travel to Jacksonville every year.

That's two groups of 6. Two from the North travel down to Jacksonville as do two from the South.

Everyone plays each other once in the division, with teams geographically close making up the rest of the fixtures with a reverse fixture, 8 games a piece.

Boston13s

Juniors
We have to fly to JAX with us being so far north. The players contribute a small amount but the club pays the majority of it.

deal.with.it

Juniors
And how would a club pay for it? And typically, what would be the cost involved? Do some players prefer not to go?

Fighter

Juniors
For our trips the club pays for the flights, hotels and vehicles. Players pay $350 dues at the beginning of the season that helps a lot towards these costs but comes no where near what we need in the end. Most players get player sponsorships ($350) to cover there dues so they are not out of pocket, those that don't go out and find a sponsor do have to pay out of pocket though.

Flights for us cost around $375-450 per ticket for the flights. Comes out to around $7500 for the airfare, about $1000 for the hotels and $350 for vans and gas for our trip this year to Jax. You can see how we get to a $40,000k budget pretty quick, with travel, hosting events and field rentals. Pretty tough to cover being an amateur comp if you don't find good sponsors.

Figure the Jax team is in the $60-75k range or more now.