What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL Rd 8 / AMNRL Rd 6

Fighter

Juniors
The only real way for it to work is to split the divisions evenly. Leave Jacksonville as a floater team. Rotate who has to travel to Jacksonville every year.

That's two groups of 6. Two from the North travel down to Jacksonville as do two from the South.

Everyone plays each other once in the division, with teams geographically close making up the rest of the fixtures with a reverse fixture, 8 games a piece.

Before we lost New Haven and Oneida, we were set up in conferences to play each team twice (home and away) and then 2 crossover games to the other conference. Still got us 8 games and helped limit the travel considerably. Definitely want to get back to that model.

druzik

Juniors
Axemen 82 - Boston 22
Baltimore 10 - RI 108
Fight 42 - DC 20

Dragons 54 - Sharks 14
Knights 42 - NOVA 18
Cats 26 - Bulls 28

I was at the NOVA game and kept a meticulous record of the tries scored. it was Knights 52-4... not sure where you got that result.

Fairfax Eagles

Juniors
Players typically pay for transportation and lodgings. And some teams drive down there, others fly, Sharks have done both.

Jacksonville themselves have also assisted with travel costs for a number of clubs, including splitting/covering the cost of hotel rooms and passenger van rental. They also used to have a group of bench/reserve players that they would lend to visiting teams if they were short on bodies. Not sure if they still do that or not.

Fighter

Juniors
I was at the NOVA game and kept a meticulous record of the tries scored. it was Knights 52-4... not sure where you got that result.

Our scores were as follows, the other posted aren't even close:
Round 8:
(H) Boston Thirteens 6 vs (A) Jacksonville Axemen 68
(H) Baltimore Blues 10 (A) Rhode Island Rebellion 92
(H) Philadelphia Fight 60 vs (A) Washington D.C. Slayers 16

Fighter

Juniors
Axemen 82 - Boston 22
Baltimore 10 - RI 108
Fight 42 - DC 20

Dragons 54 - Sharks 14
Knights 42 - NOVA 18
Cats 26 - Bulls 28

USARL scores:
Round 8:
(H) Boston Thirteens 6 vs (A) Jacksonville Axemen 68
(H) Baltimore Blues 10 (A) Rhode Island Rebellion 92
(H) Philadelphia Fight 60 vs (A) Washington D.C. Slayers 16

AMNRL score was 28-0 at half for the Wildcats so that one isn't even close either.

Fatwing15

Juniors
We (The Sharks) sucked this year, plain and simple. At the start of the season, Most of us truely believed we were a top 5 team when considering both leagues. That is without any imports. We had a couple young guys who we thought were going to be high impact players not really pan out and it is really difficult bridging the gap from the old vets moving towards the end of their playing days. Tough year. Hopefully we can come back stronger and compete in a unified league next year.

With the season about 3/4 finished here are my updated power rankings!

1 NY Knights
2 JAX
3 Fight
4 Wildcats
5 Dragons
6 Nova
7 RIR
8 Bulls
9 Sharks, was thinking of swapping us with RIR to push Larry into a tissie :cool:
10 Slayers
11 13s ( put them down here because of the crazy point differential, but when they have their best 13 they can compete with anyone
12 Raiders
13 Blues

MattyCLark

Juniors
We (The Sharks) sucked this year, plain and simple. At the start of the season, Most of us truely believed we were a top 5 team when considering both leagues. That is without any imports. We had a couple young guys who we thought were going to be high impact players not really pan out and it is really difficult bridging the gap from the old vets moving towards the end of their playing days. Tough year. Hopefully we can come back stronger and compete in a unified league next year.

With the season about 3/4 finished here are my updated power rankings!

1 NY Knights
2 JAX
3 Fight
4 Wildcats
5 Dragons
6 Nova
7 RIR
8 Bulls
9 Sharks, was thinking of swapping us with RIR to push Larry into a tissie :cool:
10 Slayers
11 13s ( put them down here because of the crazy point differential, but when they have their best 13 they can compete with anyone
12 Raiders
13 Blues

Grand Final Predictions.

Rebellion v. Slayers

First off I don't understand how you have New York at #1 they play in a less competitive comp. but whatever.
Second, the Fight are #1 in the USARL. How do you rank Jacksonville above them?

And Larry you need to be tested for drugs. Good job making it to the playoffs and good luck beating the Axemen in JAX.

IowaRL

Juniors
First off I don't understand how you have New York at #1 they play in a less competitive comp. but whatever.
Second, the Fight are #1 in the USARL. How do you rank Jacksonville above them?

And Larry you need to be tested for drugs. Good job making it to the playoffs and good luck beating the Axemen in JAX.

I think he's got JAX above the fight as, based on the USARL website, they are top of the table. Same table points, but a better points scored/allowed differential.

Fighter

Juniors
I think he's got JAX above the fight as, based on the USARL website, they are top of the table. Same table points, but a better points scored/allowed differential.

When the website was built a few years ago the platform was built to be based off of total points and can't be changed at this point. We were just ahead of them on the head to head points tie breaker but the site can't show that.

Fatwing15

Juniors
When the website was built a few years ago the platform was built to be based off of total points and can't be changed at this point. We were just ahead of them on the head to head points tie breaker but the site can't show that.

I think who ever has home field wins the matchup between JAX and Philly. Knights are really strong and if I was betting man I'd toss some coin on them over anyone, although they would have a tough tough time against either team, especially in JAX.

MattyCLark

Juniors
Well I suppose as the AMNRL is conserned, it's a guessing game. I wouldn't know anything about teams or players. You never here anything that is worth beleiving. It's been so smoke and mirrors over the years that no one knows what is fact and what is fiction. I have some good m8's that played for NY Knights. But not sure if they still play. For all I know the Knights have gone by the way of New Haven. Once one of the toughest teams in the nation. But now no more.
I'll through up the challenge for ANY team from the AMNRL to step up to the plate against the FIGHT. Even the AMNRL select side Tomahawks. Hell I'll even put together a USARL select side.

My USA rugby league selects.
1 Kenny Britt (Axemen)
2 J. Fry (Fight)
3 Squirrel (Fight)
4 Taylor Alley (Axemen)
5 Dylan Beaver (Slayers)
6 Brent Shorten (Axemen)
7 Joel Weeks (Fight)
8 Jamie Uyidwal (Axemen)
9 Rich Henson (Fight)
10 Matt Webster (Fight)
11 Brandon Beetle (Axemen)
12 Casey Clark (Fight)
13 Kevin Wiggins (Fight)
14 Bart Longchamp (Axemen)
15 Rich Allager (Axemen)
16 Shane Singleton (RIR)
17 Matty Clark (Fight)

If Larry or Danny want the throw a few players on the list. They are welcome.

Last edited:
The First Issue is I would replace 17 Matty Clark with a healthy 17 Lawrence Almagno, but as of Today I would agree with this decision.

More Importantly the following guys are all under 25 and with some proper coaching and clinics have a ton of potential.
I would offer to have people take a look at John St. John (Center/Wing) , Chad Warnock (Center/2nd row), Phil Hammack (Fullback, Center, Wing)[Learned RL while living in the UK and first started playing there so he has great fundamentals]

Derek Trehan (9/Center/fullback) depending on how he comes back after a broken leg out for 6 months wont be playing till October.

MattyCLark

Juniors
The First Issue is I would replace 17 Matty Clark with a healthy 17 Lawrence Almagno, but as of Today I would agree with this decision.

More Importantly the following guys are all under 25 and with some proper coaching and clinics have a ton of potential.
I would offer to have people take a look at John St. John (Center/Wing) , Chad Warnock (Center/2nd row), Phil Hammack (Fullback, Center, Wing)[Learned RL while living in the UK and first started playing there so he has great fundamentals]

Derek Trehan (9/Center/fullback) depending on how he comes back after a broken leg out for 6 months wont be playing till October.

You need drug tested Larry.
A broken Matty Clark in a much better athlete then a healthy Larry Amigo. I hope you can come watch me play for the Philly Fight. In the USARL Grandfinal better yet. Beat JAX and then I'll show ya what it feels like.