What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usarl season openers-predictions

Rugbyflorida

Juniors
Lets get some batter going and enjoy the start of the season:

Bucks County Sharks vs. White Plains Wombats: Taking the new guys here due to experience of founders +4 Wombats

D.C. Slayers vs. Philadelphia Fight: Fight too strong +16

Northern Virginia vs. Delaware Black Foxes: NOVA without their main scoring weapon Burroughs, loses to Delaware by 6

Central Florida Warriors vs. Atlanta Rhinos: Game of the week: Atl. is defending south champs but lost to Warriors last time around on the road, yet Atl. without Terrance and Warriors now under the supervision of Alley and Walker. Things could get interesting..taking Warriors by 2.

Boston 13's vs Rhode Island Rebellion: Defending National Champs much too strong for Rebellion..13's by 2 tries.

Brooklyn Kings vs New York Knights: Great game as its a developing rivalry but taking the Knights with the direction of Cortalano by 12.

Rugger

Juniors
Wombats (Win by 2 tries)
Fight (Win by 2 tries)
Eagles (Big victory)
Warriors (should be close)
13's (Big victory)
Kings (should be close)

Boston13s

Juniors
Bucks County v White Plains: I believe White Plains will be pretty strong this year so I'm taking them in this one.

DC Slayers v Philadelphia Fight: Philadelphia will be as strong as ever so should get to 1-0 on Saturday.

NOVA v Delaware: I really don't know much about these teams but going on last year's form NOVA should win. A new coach from Australia should provide some good direction for them.

Central Florida v Atlanta: I'm thinking the Warriors win this one. Atlanta to Deland is quite a trip to open up the season so the home team have a big advantage there.

13s v Rebellion: We will probably only have 6 guys out there that played in the final last season so we'll probably have some teething problems in the first few rounds. I have to go with us to win but the Rebellion always put out a competitive team. Every week of every season they play hard!

Brooklyn v NY Knights: I think both of these teams will be stronger than last year but I'm backing Brooklyn to take the points. They started preseason early which should stand them in good stead over the opening rounds.

amnrlfan

Juniors
I'll take a shot at Round 1...

Sharks vs Wombats - Wombats

Slayers vs Fight - Slayers

NOVA vs Foxes - NOVA

Warriors vs Rhinos - Rhinos

13s vs Rebellion - Rebellion

Kings vs Knights - Kings