What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use assets, say Bigwigs (Leader 28/12)

spider

Coach
LOL - some good points Sadshark. You dont like the look of the fowards for 07?

The points you raise i believe they are heading towards - but believing and doing so will have to be seen as we know.

Results on the field are the main focus.

We were equal second at the halfway point last year - with a couple of injuries so i believe you can achieve with the playing roster we had - results to this point last year proved so.

None the less i agree with what your getting at - in many ways.

Why did you stop? What are these thoughts that will do your head in? :lol:

SadShark

Bench
OK my marketing ideas might be basic but here they go.

The club needs to attract young supporters and go for their $ spend in the market. Tools to utilise this are:

Surf clothing line (as I have mentioned before).
Cool mp3 player devised by LG and featuring the Sharks logo with bonus Sharks team song (remixed by TV Rock or the Sneaky Sound System, for example).
Sharks sun screen 30+
Sharks DVD "40 years & 40 great tries"
Sharks quality flavoured spring water/energy drink. A Commercial by players to boost sales.
Sharks skim board/ boogie board manufactured by Nick Mesritz Designs.
Sharks skateboard by (good designer - quality product)
Sharks beer brewed by John Singleton's company. For the over 18's!
Sharks 1/2 hour footy training for kids on two weekday's during playing season with players to rotate through from Premier League to 1st Grade. Sessions to be $10 per kid from ages 8 to 16.

I could go on and on and on but I'm crook with the flu today so I'm going to stop. By the way, I've sent an invitation to the Sharks club via thier official website, to hear my offerings for free, but I've had no reply.

Funny about that......

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Hopefully the leagues club will eventually achieve it's real potential. I like the comments in the Leader article about Panthers. We don't have the same amount of space but surely it's time someone realised the joint needs a serious overhaul to make it more attractive as a venue where families can go for a great day out instead of some glorified pokie room.

I reckon the more people who frequent the joint the more likelihood a lot more people will will become interested in the team and boost support.

Dorsel

Juniors
That's crap..re needing kangaroo players....the Tigers proved that..pretty much agree with the rest though.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I don't know how well the club will trade tonight but can you imagine how attractive a venue it would be if they had a big balcony, restaurant and bars on the top floor with a northerly view? People could enjoy great views of the city skyline and fireworks. The place would be booked out months ahead.

From memory there are about four or five windows in the auditorium which will probably be empty anyway. Go figure!

coolumsharkie

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
I don't know how well the club will trade tonight but can you imagine how attractive a venue it would be if they had a big balcony, restaurant and bars on the top floor with a northerly view? People could enjoy great views of the city skyline and fireworks. The place would be booked out months ahead.

From memory there are about four or five windows in the auditorium which will probably be empty anyway. Go figure!

The difference between ocean veiws and not( on the same block) is about a hundred grand.

Well said gunna ol mate

fatshark

Bench
Surf clothing line (as I have mentioned before).
Cool mp3 player devised by LG and featuring the Sharks logo with bonus Sharks team song (remixed by TV Rock or the Sneaky Sound System, for example).
Sharks sun screen 30+
Sharks DVD "40 years & 40 great tries"
Sharks quality flavoured spring water/energy drink. A Commercial by players to boost sales.
Sharks skim board/ boogie board manufactured by Nick Mesritz Designs.
Sharks skateboard by (good designer - quality product)
Sharks beer brewed by John Singleton's company. For the over 18's!
I think you will find that some of these come under the Nrl merchandising. Basically all teams sell the same sh*t with the NRL tm. Sharks marketing has no say on this. THe dvd is a good option though.