What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UTC Tuesday

In-goal

Bench
Tuesday the clubs will vote on weather or not to accept French club UTC into RSLXI, hopefuly the clubs have the good of the game at heart when they vote.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
They have got no chance in my opinion. There are too many clubs who's chairman are too consumed with self interest to allow them to take a cut of the Sky TV money. Whilst Chairman from the likes of Saints and Leeds have campaigned for them to be allowed in, I seriously cannot see the likes of Bradford and Wigan plus the teams struggling at the bottom allowing them to take a share of their cash.

Its a shame but it appears the bid is dead in the water.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Hopefully, we'll here some good new's today.
Those personally, I think we should allow another NL1 team, to join the ranks of Super League.
In my opinion, Leigh are far too good to be playing in that division.

deluded pom?

Coach
DrewBeliever said:
Hopefully, we'll here some good new's today.
Those personally, I think we should allow another NL1 team, to join the ranks of Super League.
In my opinion, Leigh are far too good to be playing in that division.

If they are too good then they`ll win promotion .

terracesider

Juniors
A final decision on French club UTC's application to join Super League will be made when the Super League clubs next meet on 26th May.

UTC representatives met the Super League clubs today at a meeting in Warrington to put their case.

According to RFL spokesman Andrew Whitelam their presentation was "very well received", but the clubs want the opportunity to go away and give their final consideration both to the application itself, and the mechanisms that might be put in place to determine how they would come into the competition, if admitted.

"The clubs will need to decide whether Super League will remain at 12 clubs, and, if so, how it would do that, or expand to more than 12 clubs," added Whitelam.

"But we can guarantee a final decision will be made on 26th May, and the RFL Executive Chairman Richard Lewis is recommending UTC's acceptance."

Total RL.com

Typcial. It's been on the table for months, but why make a decision when you can delay?

hgfds

Juniors
A lot of pressure on the bottom clubs,if the esl admits utc one of them will have to be relegated and it will be harder for them to get back,if they decide on 13 teams they will receive less money and have the extra expense of travelling to france,hopefully the pressure will build on everyone and 2006 will see 13 teams.

terracesider

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Why not go to a 14 team league? Toulouse can come in then as well.

Dividing the TV cash between 12 clubs was not really a problem; dividing it between 13 is going to cause some problems, but the clubs can just about live with it; dividing it between 14 would lead to all hell breaking loose.

Let's see if one French side is sustainable first.

Latest posts